Character Rebalancing Thread

12345612 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskMadmanMundo

05-24-2012

While we are here and balancing and stuff MUST...RESIST...URGE...BETTER NERF IRELIA! *Slaps self* I NEED TO STOP DOING THIS!

AskUdyr

05-24-2012

We do not need to be balanced! We are perfectly balanced! PERFECTLY! LOOK AT OUR ABS! LOOK AT THEMMMMM!!!!

Jaykoboy

05-24-2012

He doesn't have increased vulnerability; it just goes from 'Oh, yeah, I waded through your magical fire, magical crocodiles, and magical golem army. Problem?' to 'OMG, FIRE!'

AskMadmanMundo

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by askudyr View Post
we do not need to be balanced! We are perfectly balanced! Perfectly! Look at our abs! Look at themmmmm!!!!
Mundo. has. MOAR

ColossusCrusher

05-24-2012

ITT: Udyr and Mundo are big trolls.

@Jaykoboy
It doesn't sound too bad, just use common sense on what constitutes a minor spell.

I'm adding a disclaimer to the OP - I am not setting myself up as the subforum's DM. This is a help and advice thread for people who have questions about their characters. In other words, feel free to ignore my suggestions, but if you came here because of complaints, they'll probably come back too.

AskUdyr

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskMadmanMundo View Post
Mundo. has. MOAR
Can you grate cheese on your abs?! That is what we do, after using our pectorals to roll our pizza dough!

Ask the Herald

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
My guy is a magical void, but isn't able to cast spells normally, but when he wears a gauntlet, he can cast spells but is then vulnerable to magical attacks. He can also absorb minor spells and convert them into his own. Would you say that's unbalanced?

PS: I know his Multiple Personality Disorder is unbalanced, but I'm working on that.
Your character is a lost cause. He makes no sense, from a logical stand point. I find it very difficult to ascertain a proper balance for him. Firstly, his magical void aspect: you say he can't be affected by magic/spells and can't use them of his own accord. Okay, fine. But then you add a pair of gauntlets (that may or may not be enchanted or magically derived) that absorb magic/spells/mana and converts them to his use? Unless I am mistaken about how your character works, this shouldn't happen. At all.

It'd be fine if he just negated magic and couldn't use it. Not using magic isn't as uncommon in League of Legends as one might think (it was Twisted Fate's whole reason for undergoing Rath's experiment). But his gauntlets, whatever they happen to be made of and what their power source is, defy his innate lack of magical aptitude when they shouldn't be able to. Nothing short of a Deus ex Machina should be able to grant a non-magician/magical void the capacity for magic.

I don't know. Maybe someone else can say something or help otherwise, but you'd need to change either your character's natural affinity (or lack thereof) or change those gauntlets.

AskMadmanMundo

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
Can you grate cheese on your abs?! That is what we do, after using our pectorals to roll our pizza dough!
YUS then you take you biceps and slice the pepperonis!

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

I thought that RP was striving for realism...

In real world, nothing is balanced. Oil is OP, and people are constantly crying about nerfing countries with nuclear potential.

AskMadmanMundo

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
I thought that RP was striving for realism...

In real world, nothing is balanced. Oil is OP, and people are constantly crying about nerfing countries with nuclear potential.
I lol'd

12345612 ... 27