Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flickering on the UI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reithena

05-24-2012

I use a single Radeon 6670 and that flickering is awful! It give me a headache. I saw people saying that they were having the same problem with dual graphics cards, but did not see anything regarding people with single...Not sure if it reproducible for anyone else, but I can try and get an image of it, or would a video be more helpful?

Any fix in sight? Or at least a temporary way to fix it for now?

This patch should have come with an epilepsy warning...

KillianOryan

05-24-2012

Yep gave me a headache too, yeah been hearing about single and onboard chip issues in this forum as well. Riot should hot fix this issue above all others right now, as they broke the client with this patch, almost 2 years playing and never had a client issue like this till now.

Reithena

05-24-2012

I'm glad am not the only who got a headache. If they don't get this fixed, I'm going to have to jump out of playing for a while until they do...Which would make me really sad.

iDerp Solo

05-24-2012

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1.2GB - EVGA Classified - Core: 822MHz - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)

Same issue: UI flashes at the beginning of each battle and parts of the UI don't display. Over the first couple minutes, the UI begins working properly. Have tried basically every display setting within LOL, tried with SLI both on and off. Nothing makes a difference on this issue.

Sapheriel

05-24-2012

try re-scaling (re-sizing) it under interface options

Reithena

05-24-2012

Quote:
Sapheriel:
try re-scaling (re-sizing) it under interface options

I did and no good. I messed with the options a lot trying to get it to stop

KillianOryan

05-24-2012

Quote:
iCCuQQ:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1.2GB - EVGA Classified - Core: 822MHz - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)

Same issue: UI flashes at the beginning of each battle and parts of the UI don't display. Over the first couple minutes, the UI begins working properly. Have tried basically every display setting within LOL, tried with SLI both on and off. Nothing makes a difference on this issue.

Did you turn of SLI entirely or on a per application basis? I tried just doing it for LoL only by adding the LoL client to the nvidia control panel and that would not have any effect, but when I turned SLI off completely for everything it seemed to get rid of flickering, but I should not have to do this. When SLI was on the flicker never went away, all I had to do was mouse hover over a hud and they would flicker again or disappear.

MaroBaro

05-24-2012

Hey guys, I have the same issue, What fixes it for me is going over all the elements that flicker with the mouse and also alt-tabbing in and out a few times. But I still get this every time I start a new game. Ohh and yes ive got a sli geforce 580.

Auricthunder

05-24-2012

Quote:
MaroBaro:
Hey guys, I have the same issue, What fixes it for me is going over all the elements that flicker with the mouse and also alt-tabbing in and out a few times. But I still get this every time I start a new game. Ohh and yes ive got a sli geforce 580.

This has worked for me as a temporary solution, too. Crossfired 5870s.

Reithena

05-24-2012

Quote:
MaroBaro:

I wish that had worked! If I moused over things the flashing would get faster until I would remove it then it would go back to normal speed flashing.