Tips on how to get higher ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyjafjalajokull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Well, when i was a beginner level 30, the first thing i did was hop into a few ranked games, big mistake, i didn't even know what elo was back then... i ended up leaving a bunch of queue and dropping to about 800, i've managed to get myself up to 900 elo playing jungle, but i find that jungle is a tricky role to play because you have to rely on your teammates a lot, which is not that easy to do in 900 elo, anyone got any tips on how i can raise it? I feel as though it seems i just have to hope i get good teammates, because no matter how well i do it all depends on my teammates... for example i go positive k/d most times and have a large amount of assists (Not killsteals) went 19/5 as olaf one time and then 8/3/19 as amumu.. i hope to get over 1000 elo but i am not sure that will happen any time soon, please post if you are having similar issues, i have over 100 ranked games played and all help is appreciated, thanks for reading!

KnightxSScarlett

05-24-2012

To get higher elo - win ranked matches.

- Mageinta Warrior

Zeedo

05-24-2012

Hey man
I also made the same mistake and went down to a crazy 700 elo.
I am now at 1220.
find a champ you can carry hardcore with (I went vayne from like 700 - 900) once winning 17 games in a row and now I go AP mid using my strongers carry champs, Kass,Vlad,Kennen,Anivia
I feel that you have to take the game by the balls and carry like a mad man. Now that i'm a little higher elo I feel I can trust my team mates more.

GL man keep at it youll get there!

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

I went from 600 to about 1200 now this season. I play ranged ad bot primarily, and have multiple rune pages just for ranged ad. Most of the time, the jungler is also a champ who can play top lane good. If you counter their top lane, I would say let the other top laner go jungle. Also know that some champs can wreck you in team fights.
For example, teemo vs Udyr, because of teemo's slow and blind. Udyr just gets kited easily. If you get stuck in a game like this, I would say never to go full 5 on 5 with them. Always look to catch one out of position in their jungle, or if you're a tanky champ like mundo, dive a tower when their jungler is on the opposite side. You should try to be atleast lvl8 to do this usually. Otherwise your team will probably be extremely mad at you.