Nasus vs. Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticRitter View Post
If they are laning against each other honestly I'm not sure. Darius seems to have the upper hand with his harass. The real question I think is if Nasus can out sustain him. Plus whither will make for an easy gank.

On the other hand Renek seems to have a great kit for countering a solo lane Darius in my opinion.
He can't outsustain that harass because darius hits friggin hard and hooks for even more dps. You can't fight back early game. Unless your jungler ganks at the right time which most don't
Wither does make the gank manageable but he can pop ghost and plus I've seen a darius hit 2k hp at level 9-10 with just one red crystal. (the one that adds 180 i think). And man he was tanky. His other items were brut and mercs thats it.

There was 2 times where I beat Darius out of the 4-5 times i vsed him top lane

1st one being because his team sucked and he had to go help which he did and destroyed my bot lane which allowed me to farm top.

The second was because Xin Zhao really helped me out and ganked top at level 3 and then repeatedly whenever I needed help. And he knew the perfect time to gank too.

He was truly was swift as a coursing river, with the strength of a great typhoon
SniffSniff.*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

05-24-2012

I'm not really sure why people think Darius would be strong against Nasus top. What am I not seeing? Darius's only effective early game harass is his Q, and using it when Nasus is farming his own Q will push the lane, which Darius can't afford because Wither and a gank against a champ with no escapes is a death sentence. In the mean time Nasus has better sustain, and once he's got SS farmed up a bit he'll have a better poke too. What's the problem?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
I'm not really sure why people think Darius would be strong against Nasus top. What am I not seeing? Darius's only effective early game harass is his Q, and using it when Nasus is farming his own Q will push the lane, which Darius can't afford because Wither and a gank against a champ with no escapes is a death sentence. In the mean time Nasus has better sustain, and once he's got SS farmed up a bit he'll have a better poke too. What's the problem?
Nasus cannot out sustain Darius's farm as a Nasus Main who fought Darius top lane about 4-5 times with a armour rune page that accumlates up to a 63 armour level Nasus (with cloth).
I could NOT outsustain or tank that damage. Not to mention Darius was more tanky and even when we ganked he would almost kill me or my jungler if i didn't waste my exhaust.
Nasus may have better sustain but Darius's combo of his damage and passive outdamages Nasus's sustain.
Also Nasus will not be farmed up when he faces a Darius. He can't farm in those conditions.
Thus as my previous post stated get your jungler to gank a LOT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tuma79

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Dodge his damm skills and keep the bleeding stacks as low as possible, thats the ultimate trick to counter Darius as everyone ==


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Nasus cannot out sustain Darius's farm as a Nasus Main who fought Darius top lane about 4-5 times with a armour rune page that accumlates up to a 63 armour level Nasus (with cloth).
I could NOT outsustain or tank that damage. Not to mention Darius was more tanky and even when we ganked he would almost kill me or my jungler if i didn't waste my exhaust.
Nasus may have better sustain but Darius's combo of his damage and passive outdamages Nasus's sustain.
Also Nasus will not be farmed up when he faces a Darius. He can't farm in those conditions.
Thus as my previous post stated get your jungler to gank a LOT.
Darius's damage at low levels isn't anything special. His lvl1 Q does 70-105 damage, reduced by your high armor, plus 12 magic damage, his lvl1 W is more valuable as a AA reset than an actual damage ability and his hook does no damage and doesn't trigger his passive. That's less damage than Olaf would have done with a single Reckless Swing, only Olaf also has sustain and you can't evade his Reckless Swing.

How exactly is Darius nearly killing you with when you have a jungler aiding you? He basically only has one damage ability at low level, and Wither should neuter his AA damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
Darius's damage at low levels isn't anything special. His lvl1 Q does 70-105 damage, reduced by your high armor, plus 12 magic damage, his lvl1 W is more valuable as a AA reset than an actual damage ability and his hook does no damage and doesn't trigger his passive. That's less damage than Olaf would have done with a single Reckless Swing, only Olaf also has sustain and you can't evade his Reckless Swing.

How exactly is Darius nearly killing you with when you have a jungler aiding you? He basically only has one damage ability at low level, and Wither should neuter his AA damage.
Uh is this info from theory or experiance, cuz mine is from experiance
I've mained Nasus for quite some time now. And this isn't about whether or not the jungler helps its a 1v1 top lane without including the jungler
You cannot out sustain a good darius
Go try it
post results


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
Uh is this info from theory or experiance, cuz mine is from experiance
I've mained Nasus for quite some time now. And this isn't about whether or not the jungler helps its a 1v1 top lane without including the jungler
You cannot out sustain a good darius
Go try it
post results
I can't speak from your experience because I've never played with you in game and I don't particularly care for Nasus. However, you can tell a lot from a champ by how their kit works.

I'm going based on how Darius's kit works. His W doesn't add significant damage until you level it, and since people are leveling his Q first to give him a poke his W won't add much to his combo besides CC until he hits level 8. His E just doesn't do any damage at all. All of his early game damage comes from his Q, his passive and his AA. His AA is slightly weaker than Nasus's based on base stats, you've already built to counter the physical damage from his Q and Wither provides much stronger CC than Darius's W.

The amount Nasus sustain's off an unfarmed SS is greater than the damage Darius does with the passive stack provided by his Q, and it is possible to bait out Darius's Q on occasion, leaving you free to farm without fear of harassment.

Why would we not include junglers? People get help from their junglers and Darius can't harass you with his Q, his only real form of harassment, without pushing his lane, making him easier to gank. That's kind of a big deal in the lane phase, assuming your jungler doesn't suck. If we're starting with the assumption that your jungler sucks, well, you've probably lost regardless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
I can't speak from your experience because I've never played with you in game and I don't particularly care for Nasus. However, you can tell a lot from a champ by how their kit works.

I'm going based on how Darius's kit works. His W doesn't add significant damage until you level it, and since people are leveling his Q first to give him a poke his W won't add much to his combo besides CC until he hits level 8. His E just doesn't do any damage at all. All of his early game damage comes from his Q, his passive and his AA. His AA is slightly weaker than Nasus's based on base stats, you've already built to counter the physical damage from his Q and Wither provides much stronger CC than Darius's W.

The amount Nasus sustain's off an unfarmed SS is greater than the damage Darius does with the passive stack provided by his Q, and it is possible to bait out Darius's Q on occasion, leaving you free to farm without fear of harassment.

Why would we not include junglers? People get help from their junglers and Darius can't harass you with his Q, his only real form of harassment, without pushing his lane, making him easier to gank. That's kind of a big deal in the lane phase, assuming your jungler doesn't suck. If we're starting with the assumption that your jungler sucks, well, you've probably lost regardless.
.......... No you can't
This is the exact reason as to why the Q.Q got Tryndamere nerfed.
They kept spouting out theoretical scenarios never actually trying out the tryndamere himself or vsing him consistently
They'll always spouting scenes where Trynd 1v3s them and kills them all and how he always spins away and heals and never dies, that hes easy and cheap. Well he wasn't he actually had to time and manage his approach and focus. If he popped that R too early he risked losing seconds. Too late and he dies. Finally cc him during his Ulti and he can't do much damage. But the Q.Q always kept saying how he does this and that using wiki numbers saying how op he is. He wasn't.
Ever situation is different, but the concept is the same.

I have tried to vs darius with 63 armour at level 1 increasing as I level
I cannot beat him in lane without ganks.

Finally no your Q is a terrible sustain tool early game. Thus the point of you farming for the first 20 mins. Darius's damage output exceeds Nasus's early game sustain by a ton!
Not to mention his passive does magic damage scaling off of his ad... dafug.

So like you said. When vsing the current Darius, your jungler is your best bet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreecedUpDeafGuy

Member

09-06-2012

Just played Nasus vs. Darius. Ask your jungler for an early gank, preferably right away while Darius is still lvl 1. Take your W first. Your jungler should be 2 when he ganks and even if you don't get the kill, it will get the Darius pretty low, probably at least to 1/4 health, and that gives you some time during which he can't fully deny you like he would if you were both full health.

If he tries to zone you with 1/2 health or so, make sure your jungler turns around, maybe after doing a small camp, and comes right back. From lvls 1-5 is when Darius is the biggest risk to kill/zone you as Nasus. Afterward he will still be able to in some ways, but if he apprehends you, just wither and run away. If he does his spin-around thing it will push the lane which plays to your advantage. One of the biggest things about this match-up is that it's very important that you call out when Darius leaves as if he pushes and roams he can get fed even while you're doing your part and playing smart.

The jungler gank is key though because it allows you to survive the early levels while getting enough farm that you can rush a ninja tabi or philo stone. Also, I feel like this should be the only build on Nasus, but I know some people prefer to build Sheen as first non-GP5/Boots item... Don't. Get Glacial Shroud first. Glacial Shroud+Ninja Tabi will make it incredibly hard for Darius to kill you, especially if you keep your ult available. But I can't stress enough, your jungler must gank very early for you or you won't get the aforementioned items until far too late.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freerun4cover

Junior Member

09-06-2012

nerf the pull on darius and he will be balanced out