Serious question about "Character profiles"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Megling

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Well...take it off somehow, or catch him when it's fizzling (more often than you'd think) and he'll be a cinch to kill, you just have to do it with, oh, I dunno...a cannon the size of a yordle?
I see what you did there. But still, some descriptions of him that I've seen in certain RPs seem a bit overpowered, since he becomes immune to magic without the gauntlet, and very powerful with it.

Jaykoboy

05-23-2012

Fine. Snipe his head off, or whatever. He's not indestructible. Just so bleedin' powerful that if he sees you trying to kill him, he'll probably smash you in, or at least make it difficult.

But, how do you suggest I fix him without removing his basic concepts?

Ask the Megling

05-23-2012

I'm not saying you need to change him. You don't seem to be abusing it. I just think that the whole spell immunity thing is a bit OP.

I would prefer it if we just dropped this. I don't want this to escalate into a flame war for reasons as poor as these. At least Hecarim vs. Everyone is funny and Hecarim isn't taking offense or anything. It's all in good fun.

AskMadmanMundo

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Megling View Post
I'm not saying you need to change him. You don't seem to be abusing it. I just think that the whole spell immunity thing is a bit OP.

I would prefer it if we just dropped this. I don't want this to escalate into a flame war for reasons as poor as these. At least Hecarim vs. Everyone is funny and Hecarim isn't taking offense or anything. It's all in good fun.
Hec totally gets all the love hes just so lovable...

Jaykoboy

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Megling View Post

No flame war. I was actually asking that as a legitimate question; I know that I've never been good with balancing, ever since I first entered champions in the concept forum. But if you want to drop it, on your head be any OPHAXOR moves I pull in the future.

Ask the Herald

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
My character, Jay, is unable to use magic of any kind, and anything that he touches that's magical breaks or fizzles. This means that he's often limited to melee combat, but is otherwise unstoppable against mages. But he also has a gauntlet that turns his disease into a mana absorption, which it converts into magic he can use, which is how he can be a summoner. While wearing it, though, he's susceptible to a multiple personality disorder that can be very chaotic sometimes and he's also susceptible to powerful magic spells.

See? Not OP, but not UP, either.
Your character defies all logic and reason, even by fantastical standards. He is literally an impossibility. If he's unable to use magic of any kind, even being able to break or disrupt magic in general, then there is no way his gauntlet could, by any theory, be able to convert anything to give him any magic. By his original inability itself his gauntlet would be rendered ineffectual as far as him using it goes. And no, there is no such thing as pure technology that can grant magic. The closest process that could give a non-mystic magical powers even had a one in a million chance of working at all (Twisted Fate, here).

So by League of Legends standards, your character should not even exist as he is.

DisposableGod

05-23-2012

We need a way to lock our own threads XD. Can we please move this out? If people would like to discuss character dynamics and lore. Please move to another thread. And have a wonderful night =)