Graphics overhaul is terrible for good computers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rycko

05-23-2012

The recent patch, among many things, visually overhauled the entire summoners rift map. This new graphics update has made the game look completely terrible! I used to have a laptop i played on which could only run the game on low settings, and i have to say, I compared the 2 computers earlier (1 running on very high settings and the other on low) and i literally see no difference.

The computer i play on now, used to be able to run on very high settings with 60 fps consistently. Now it runs just a smooth, but the game looks 10 times worse, like it was designed 10 years ago. Riot, please, we are not in the 1990's anymore, make the very high setting actually seem like you are playing a game from 2012!

Also, the HUD now makes me feel like i have something in my eye. It is blurry, i can hardly read the numbers or words, and it honestly made me die several times the last game i played because it hurt my eyes and i had to rub them for a second.

Please fix this Riot for us players who have good computers

iRukia

05-23-2012

Ok I'm going to quote your last line " Please fix this Riot for us players who have good computers "
The majority of the summoners are not running the game on a gaming PC/Laptop and they had a hard time due to client crashes or low fps laggs which ruined their gaming experience this patch and the visual changes is made for that majority not people who had no problem and ran the game with 60fps. Sometimes it's good to think about others instead of thinking about ourselves hm?

Cash

05-23-2012

I agree. I'm playing on a Gaming Laptop and had no problem at all. But then again, thats because of my computer. What bugs me now is the fact that, as you stated, the HUD is blurry and looks terrible.

I only wish they could fix that in a near future or add an option to keep the old one?

Sarenex

05-23-2012

i agree completely the graphics are just disgusting all my character portraits and even my hud is so blurry i cant see ****. and if feels like it runs alot slower than previously. I am also running a 6990 there is no reason for this to happen.

iRukia

05-23-2012

As they said you should change the settings to what it appeals to your computer and stuff like that. Take your time and mess with the settings a little more AND think about other summoners who are happy with this new patch. Remember the Summoner Code guys D:

Squallfyr

05-23-2012

I would be happy if it did what they stated "To have people with low settings to play at a higher setting" or something like that.

Lowest settings, resolution, no sound, and I still cant get passed 30FPS I was running 45-50 before!

BooredMaan

05-23-2012

I don't think MOST of the graphics look terrible...

But the UI is godawful, no matter what resolution you set it to.

Meserion

05-24-2012

the only HUD issue I've seen is when you target someone and you try to see their HP and resource THAT is blurry as hell.

those of you QQ'ing about graphics, this was changed cause a majority was having problems not a minority. also this is a free game, Riot is using business logic here, cater to the largest group and make the most profit.

Now that business logic isn't always true (*cough* WoW *cough*), but it usually works well enough

Blaine Tog

05-24-2012

I have a pretty good computer, and I actually think the new map looks gorgeous, much better than the old map.

The UI could use some sharpening, though.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

If you're noticing more than the Pentakill I just scored on you while you were complaining about the blurry HUD, you've got too much time on your hands. Just sayin'.