Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

e Zinc

05-23-2012

I just started my first solo queue ranked game, and two minutes into the game our jungler Warwick disconnected without saying anything.

Fortunately, the enemy team was terrible so I went 7/0 brand and our bot lane varus also got 5/0 and we won the game at 21 minutes.

What I want to know is that do these DC's happen often when you first start ranked, or am I just really unlucky? Is this the "elo hell" everyone complains about?

Thanks

Kawaii Miau

05-23-2012

At lower elo i would say below 1500 people leave and troll.

Under 1400 i mean between 1300 -1400 that elo is stupidly random you will get decent people to people that don't play that well to people that will troll like crazy. you will get more so the trolls then the dc's if this happens simply hit tab and hit ignore on the person of your choice. I am talking about trolls that want to intentionally make you or the whole team mad.

Under 1300 is really bad imo. You will mostly run into badies or people that dc. Dc's happen way more frequently below 1300. Imo Trolling happens more between 1300 - 1400. I have spectated games and watch streams to gather this.

This can be something that might help you out some. Quoted from someone named OrchideeFalco

Quote:
OrchideeFalco:
Alot of people seem to have the same "I don't belong this thing"

Firstly: Don't play retarded and bad picks or that's an insta loss. Even if you get fed, an underpowered champion that is fed, is an average champion. A decent champion that gets fed, is an overpowered champion.

Secondly: Don't get any snowball items. Period.

Thirdly: Learn to build according to the situation, don't mindlessly follow a build and stick with it till the end. It is not going to work, especially at your ELO where some of your teammates fail and feed the enemy. Also a golden rule: Don't build glass cannon on any character you play unless you are either a ranged carry bot, Riven, or Talon.

Next up: It doesn't matter if you go 100-0 in your lane while everybody else is feeding. Stop being a lone wolf and start trying to help out your team, even if they are bad. No matter if you or your ally kills the enemy, they will get set back setting your teammate further aswell as putting you closer to a victory.

Jungler can do that the most, but if you are mid or top, you can still run to another lane nad try to help them. Please note that whatever role you play, it does NOT matter if you kill them or just do some damage or burn a summoner. If they don't have some crazy sustain, they will be low on health which means:

1) They will have to go back, setting your teammate forward#
2) They stay in lane, and die
3) They stay in lane and use up all their health potions, which sets your teammate forward again because he will be able to trade me since he still has his health potions.

Not to mention, the enemy jungler has to come and hold the lane for a second till the enemy comes back, which means

1) Free entrance to the enemy jungle for your jungler
2) No ganks or pressure is applied by the enemy jungler on your allies
3) If he takes some damage from your ally while holding the lane, and he doesn't have some crazy sustain, he'll be set back slightly.

Do you see how much a little 10 second half assed gank just for pressure can bring you? Also don't forget that people now do use wards, but usually they don't ward the brushes in the lane. So come do a surprise gank from the brush, when I do them, 95% of the time it results in a burned summoner or a kill.

Whatever you do, play as a team, don't rage at people for dieing or doing dumb mistakes, rather encourage, help them out. If they see you come and help them out successfully, it will raise their morale and fighting spirit to play again.

But the most important rule is: Don't rage at people ever. Playing the blame game doesn't do anything and just brings both you and your allies stress for nothing, and then it will most likely end in a loss for you. Also buy wards, and always have some wards in your pockets. Don't just play the lone wolf game and only win your lane/ward your lane etc. This is a team game, so play it like one.

Last but not least and rather unrelated, I was at 940, and I am at 1300+ now. I got from down there till 1200 by playing a small role like Janna that had little to no impact on the game, If you get your carry to outfarm or even get fed, peel for them in teamfights and he will take out everybody. Plain and simple.

I hope this info helps you XD. Not much you can do about elo hell except give it all you got and get better.

Technician Tim

05-23-2012

im about 1000-1100 elo...2 games ago had 2 trolls...this game has a pretty bad community to be honest, but its not riots fault

wjdd

05-23-2012

Well as for the thread on wanting to change match making to were English people are with English and things like that those are pointless thread u can't do that xD

e Zinc

05-23-2012

Yeah thanks for that little guide, it's really going to help me carry my team better. I'm just going to try roaming mid and jungler more often until I get to a safe elo.

tubbeebucket222

05-23-2012

in between 1300-1400 elo there are alot of serious unskilled players, trolls, trash talkers and people who has no life. I know this because I cannot go up because of people like them.