why league of legends players will never understand their losses

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

accuracy1st

05-24-2012

well, i think they just trolling. i mean what else would a troll say. probably something trollish, like blaming innocent people on their own team, and statements that make them appear blind to their own mistakes. give a troll a break.

Jaybizle

05-24-2012

lol I don't think we care about grammars and run on sentences. This isn't English class and we don't give a ****

Technician Tim

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybizle View Post
lol I don't think we care about grammars and run on sentences. This isn't English class and we don't give a ****
hell yeah

CazaBlanka

05-24-2012

The thing that astounds me most is the lack of understanding for the rule of numbers. Yes, sometimes you are going to have feeders on your team, leavers, etc. But so does the other team sometimes. And over a large enough sample size, your W/L ratio will reflect that. It isn't rocket science, and no.. you aren't just terribly unlucky.

ZongTG

05-24-2012

I find myself constantly a victim of mentally giving up in games, and I find my team-mates giving up in very winnable situations.

I remember 1 game: I was doing kinda poorly my lane (I believe I was solo top, or 2 top), and bottom was just failing. Our mid had supposedly "fed" according to our Riven. Their mid was Akali, and I was Pantheon. Whenever the first "Akali fed" comments came up I was laughing. I had caught up from my bad start, and even tho I might have been a little farther behind than Akali, I still claimed that I was more fed than she was. Our Riven refused to believe this and called a surrender vote, which failed. Riven ended up muting me because he "couldn't listen to that logic." I ended up making brilliant Skyfalls and kills the rest of the game. We won.

Sometimes I really don't know how my wins get there, and giving up mentally sucks so much because you really wanna keep fighting but you really don't see a point because it all feels hopeless.

I'm not even in Ranked yet, I'm level 15 (soon to be 16 ) and I'm really scared of this "ELO Hell" because it sounds horrible. If the things I experience occasionally happen every game, I really don't know how I could even play.

Demacry

05-24-2012

I usually find myself angry with my (random player, only level 27 so no ranked yet for me) jungle who doesnt seem to do anything but move in way to late or just show up randomly to cs or ks or my support who cant seem to understand the concept of "feed the carry" and I start to nerdrage a bit. I think this mostly comes from my background in SC2 where it can be as annoying to play against someone really bad as it is to play against someone leagues beyond you.

But with any competitive game you have to remind yourself that it is just a game and youre playing to have fun. Ive heard mention of this ELO Hell but Im actually really excited for it. And when/if I do finally play on a consistent team it'll be great to have a solid role that I can practice to perfection.

tl;dr It's an online team game, which means the loss is never your fault. Instead you should try to get on an arranged team so you can practice and help improve each other instead of throwing darts at a board blindfolded.

HyperCoffee

05-24-2012

"teamwork is more OP than any fed champ"

Well said. +1.

TheBuddhaMan

05-24-2012

totally agree with you dude, when i lose a game, i blame my self not being good enough. ( but there is a situation that people REALLY troll me.)

xXCrocmonXx

05-24-2012

My advice is to learn up some charisma.

I went into a game where it was pretty apparent we were going to lose. We had a Tryndamere who wasn't doing so hot in top-lane, so he and I switched. It was a risky move, but it started to pay off because when the team got kills I applauded them and when we died I was like "It's okay, just be a little more passive." The Tryndy and I bounced back ideas, and the team picked up. Our game immediately twisted around, and at the end there wasn't a comment a one from either side that it was a bad game.

If things are looking rough, look at how your players are reacting and try to respond in a manner that neutralizes it. Get a kill or two, and say "Alright we're getting momentum gj guys" and have at it. Try to neutralize trash-talking in team-chat, don't make a scene in all-chat or it'll demoralize/aggravate everyone.

SummonYerMaw

05-24-2012

Always someone elses fault!