nVidia Drivers 301.42 (Fps Problem with LoL)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thedaelin

05-23-2012

When I mouse over the item menu window in game, (does not matter the game type), it causes fps drops. These drops can range from 50-60 to as low as 25!. This only seems to have begun to occur since the latest nVidia drivers 301.42. With drivers 296.10 no such issue exists.
*Note the fps drop only occurs when moving the mouse over items a frequent pace, hovering the mouse cursor still over an item icon does not induce an fps drop. Only when transitioning to different item icons does it cause the fps to tank.

-I am at a loss I want to keep the latest drivers because they significantly improve performance in many other games (skyrim for example), but cause this micro stuttering and Fps drop in League.

thedaelin

05-23-2012

bump

Exilious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

You should post specs when you have hardware related issues.

Can't tell if it applies to you, but there are Deferred Procedure issues with R300 drivers and Nvidia GPUs. This applies to people who have not disabled PowerMizer via Registry (mobile GPUs only) and people using 3rd party speedstep application, such as MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision.

thedaelin

05-23-2012

Intel Core i-7 2600k (3.4ghz) Quad
8 Gigs DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Ram
WD 7200 RPM Caviar Black HDD
1920x1080 Resolution (LED) Monitor (DVI CONNECTED)
Geforce nVidia GTX 560 ti 1gb Video Memory (Latest Driver 301.42)

Kai Kai Vilü

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Same problem here pal!

thedaelin

05-23-2012

BestialMockery are you going to keep using the latest drivers or roll back to 296.10?

Exilious

05-23-2012

You may want to re-download the 301.42 drivers and try selecting "Clean Install" this time.

thedaelin

05-23-2012

Did that already but thanks

thedaelin

05-23-2012

bump

Exilious

05-23-2012

Try running a DPC Interrupt scan while you play so you can see which driver / executable is spiking when your game lags. LatencyMon is a good one.