Riven Jungle for Newer Player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferrum24

05-23-2012

Hi, right now I'm at level 17
Am I able to jungle Riven now given lack of runes / masteries?
Is she viable @lvl30 play? ranked / normal?

ps which skin is better Redeemed riven or Battle Bunny

Blaine Tog

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrum24 View Post
Hi, right now I'm at level 17
Hi there!

Quote:
Am I able to jungle Riven now given lack of runes / masteries?
You should be, though it will be a bit slower and harder than at level 30. Just start Cloth Armor + 5 Health Potions and you should be ok.

One of Riven's strengths in the jungle is that you can start at whatever minion camp you want. Blue, red, wolves, wraiths, mini golems, it really doesn't matter. If you can get a leash, you'll be better off, so ask for one every time!

Quote:
Is she viable @lvl30 play? ranked / normal?
Absolutely! Most champions are viable, but Riven is one of the top-tier solo top and jungle bruisers.

Quote:
ps which skin is better Redeemed riven or Battle Bunny
I don't actually like either very much, but if pressed, I would prefer her Redeemed skin since it's more dignified and in line with her backstory. Her Battle Bunny skin is a hoot, though. Pick whichever you prefer!

JuventusX

05-24-2012

Riven is EXTREMELY viable solo top, I am level 30 with about 500 wins under my belt, and she is one of my main toppers. Now for jungle, she is quite good, however I don't see it as good as solo top. And for masteries/runes, I would say that it is hard without runes or masteries, but still can be done.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Generally when they counter your riven with their solo top, you just go jungle. This allows you to get more gold with riven, without hurting your team as much. If she gets countered in lane, it's good to have some sort of utility champs bot/mid/top for ganks. These would be champs like ashe with her ult and slow. This way it's practically like a guaranteed kill once you come into the lane at lvl6-8.