Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner’s Rift Gets a Minor Graphics Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coquettishmaid

05-23-2012

Up me if you are a STRONG INDEPENDENT BLACK WIMMIN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN!

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

05-23-2012

I like it!

Jixson

Recruiter

05-23-2012

Anyone else think the upgrade make the hud and such really blurry?

Reynmaker

05-23-2012

So if something this impressive is minor ? what do you all consider major ? great job buy the way, can't wait to get home and patch. Been sneaking some streams at work, new rift has a lot of battle ambiance

Solmane

05-23-2012

guys, we would like a response to this thread

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2143158

Many of us have blurry screens and we have tried many things to fix this.

Zastie

05-23-2012

More yay!

Leib Olmai

05-23-2012

Quote:
Riot GTez:
Summoners!
  • Worst game performance at High and Very high spec. Lowering their FPS
  • Updated textures across Summoner’s Rift.
  • Improved animations on many of the monsters, including the Ancient Golem, the Lizard Elder and, of course, Baron Nashor.
  • A new, animated shopkeeper to service all of your champion’s item purchases.

That's what I got from it actually.
Pretty sad.

WrathOfGlory

05-23-2012

its amazing! love it riot. btw MAKE A NEW HEAT CHAMP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Stexe

Recruiter

05-23-2012

It looks great! Only complains are the new shopkeeper is boring compared to the old one, the river looks a bit too dark, and the dragon didn't get any updated animations or a new model. Besides that it is AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Oh, and for those interesting, I have a huge list of some Quality of Life suggestions from the community. If you have some ideas feel free to add some more! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2026965

NegaStoat

05-23-2012

Either a change was made to the HUD font overnight while I slept, or my eyesight's improved.

Regardless, the clock timer and other text was far more legible than before after the patch. Thank you. A small gripe that I have is that the mini map in the right lower corner feels larger than it was before, and I am unable to scale it down with the rest of my UI when I slide the adjustment to about my usual 3/5ths of size.

Overall, the map textures look and feel a little more crude than pre patch for summoner's rift, even on maximum settings, but the difference is minimal and worth the sacrifice if a far larger percent of the player base is able to play with greatly improved performance.

In my heart, when I go into a match, I want my team mates playing their best - regardless of what machines they play from at home. This is a step in the direction of that happening.