Noxian Guillotine

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

olaf's e at max ranked is the same as darius's r without the damage amplifier problem i see is that olaf's kit sucks at reaching enemies outside of axe throws and summoners where as darius has 2 gap closers one of which is extremely easy to land and the other is nearly always on.

Yuan Shikai

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
olaf's e at max ranked is the same as darius's r without the damage amplifier problem i see is that olaf's kit sucks at reaching enemies outside of axe throws and summoners where as darius has 2 gap closers one of which is extremely easy to land and the other is nearly always on.
I agree with you in general but I would not really call his ult a real gap-closer, it only passes a really insignificant distance which is just for the anbimation, not really for the utility

SavagePeaches

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Longfellow View Post
Well you gotta realize that it only does significant damage with hemorrhage stacks.
That's where you're COMPLETELY wrong. 340 base damage before ad scaling TRUE DAMAGE is already significant damage. With a .75 ad scaling, you'll probably do somewhere around 600 TRUE damage or so at max level.

Wait til someone's low, or get them low yourself, hit R, win, maybe hit R right after (ya know cuz of the stupid thing riot thought of that makes the cooldown refresh if he kills someone with it) on someone else, etc.

A Prop Phone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

I predict a lot of ranged ad carry rage due to kill steals lol.

Technician Tim

05-23-2012

just watch, this guy is about to get the sh*t nerfed out of him

he's gonna know how irelia felt lol but its an ultimate..its supposed to be a little OP

Sogreth

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Garen and Volibear can do the same though?
Those are just normal execute abilites, Garen's does Magic damage and Voli's does Physical

Albireo

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatsh View Post
ive played him in the be, he has about 500 mana, his ult cost 100, if he goes in a team fight full mana, he can get it off i would say up to 3 time, since his e has a high cooldown, and so he is left with his q and w, so that will take less mana
Get a Frozen Heart like almost all tanky mana hungry champs, that should do the job...

Iralius

05-23-2012

His ult isn't OP. Yes it's powerful, but it's supposed to be a finishing move - as in you're not going to be spamming this ability like crazy on high HP champs. At rank 3, it has a max damage cap of 937 damage dealt. That's level 16 - at that level, with that much HP left, a Champ is more than likely doomed in a team fight unless they pull off something amazing.

I think the ult is intended for this case - how many times has someone pulled off a flash/jump/etc. at the last second to avoid dying? Darius' ult is just like Garen's in this case - it prevents those last second escapes. The only difference is that Darius does this job a bit better.

The one thing about him that could be OP is how tanky he can get. Normally I build:

Ninja Tabi (mostly for early laning)
Phage > Frozen Mallet
Thornmail
B.F. Sword > Bloodthirster
Hex Drinker > Maw of Malmortius
Guardian Angel

Just with the first 5 items he gets over 3k hp, 200+ armor and I think around 170+ MR with runes/masteries. Adding in GA makes him into an unholy terror. I haven't gotten a penta on him yet *sadface*, but the build makes him extremely tough to deal with.

Another reason he isn't OP - I've seen bad Darius'. They get kinda crappy scores, they don't know what they're doing and how they're building and end up being bullied out of lane by the better Darius/champ they lane against. I saw a Darius earlier lose his lane to a Fiora for example.

He doesn't have a high skill cap, but it's not low enough that you can face roll.

As to his gap closers... good luck. His E is kind of short range, you can hook melee easily but you gotta go all Rambo to hook a ranged (or pop some summoners). His passive, yeah it's okay as a gap closer but not that effective. It's more of a chaser that lets you stick with a champ. His ult... well, I'm not going to use my ult as a gap closer unless it'll land me a kill.

Rafael Elendil

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iralius View Post
His ult isn't OP. Yes it's powerful, but it's supposed to be a finishing move - as in you're not going to be spamming this ability like crazy on high HP champs. At rank 3, it has a max damage cap of 937 damage dealt. That's level 16 - at that level, with that much HP left, a Champ is more than likely doomed in a team fight unless they pull off something amazing.

I think the ult is intended for this case - how many times has someone pulled off a flash/jump/etc. at the last second to avoid dying? Darius' ult is just like Garen's in this case - it prevents those last second escapes. The only difference is that Darius does this job a bit better.

The one thing about him that could be OP is how tanky he can get. Normally I build:

Ninja Tabi (mostly for early laning)
Phage > Frozen Mallet
Thornmail
B.F. Sword > Bloodthirster
Hex Drinker > Maw of Malmortius
Guardian Angel

Just with the first 5 items he gets over 3k hp, 200+ armor and I think around 170+ MR with runes/masteries. Adding in GA makes him into an unholy terror. I haven't gotten a penta on him yet *sadface*, but the build makes him extremely tough to deal with.

Another reason he isn't OP - I've seen bad Darius'. They get kinda crappy scores, they don't know what they're doing and how they're building and end up being bullied out of lane by the better Darius/champ they lane against. I saw a Darius earlier lose his lane to a Fiora for example.

He doesn't have a high skill cap, but it's not low enough that you can face roll.

As to his gap closers... good luck. His E is kind of short range, you can hook melee easily but you gotta go all Rambo to hook a ranged (or pop some summoners). His passive, yeah it's okay as a gap closer but not that effective. It's more of a chaser that lets you stick with a champ. His ult... well, I'm not going to use my ult as a gap closer unless it'll land me a kill.
With that item build you will NOT get 900 true damage on his ult.

He scales at 1.4 BONUS ad at his ult with max stacks. Starting off 680 if i remember right, you need around 160 BONUS AD just to break 900 true damage and 160 bonus ad isnt easy to get. And your build has 0 AS, so he will take like 6 secs of staying time just to apply the stacks.

Darien greatest problem at the moment is that he is only truly playable at jungle... if you solotop him you will die in every single gank, feeding both the opposing laner and oposing jungler.

Sreimund

05-23-2012

he has poor escapes so he is a big target for junglers at top. I feel his ult is putting people too much in a position where they are encouraged for kill-stealing because else it'd be pointless to play him and it's not rewarding to use it preemptively as it could be for cho'gath.

123456 ... 8