Noxian Guillotine

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blockbuster

05-22-2012

While the whole cooldown-refreshed-on-kill idea is neither new or broken, it seems a bit ridiculous to put on a true damage nuke like that... Can't make calls yet on it, but that seems a bit crazy.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gngrbrdmn View Post
While the whole cooldown-refreshed-on-kill idea is neither new or broken, it seems a bit ridiculous to put on a true damage nuke like that... Can't make calls yet on it, but that seems a bit crazy.
Garen and Volibear can do the same though?

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Well you gotta realize that it only does significant damage with hemorrhage stacks, and aside from his Q he can only attack one person at a time and he's a melee champ.

@Jamaree: No they can't... Those abilities are finishers, Noxian Guillotine is a carry ability to build momentum more akin to Highlander than Frenzy, DJ, and RS which allow those champions to finish low health targets by using their abilities properly.

Orleos

05-22-2012

People have said this before again and again.

But you have to remember that Darius is a champ with a small mana pool. People who've played him have been able to get off 1 maybe 2 Guillotines if they even can in a team fight because they go Oom from using their other abilities.

If you want to 'spam' your true damage ulti, you'll have to get a Manamune. Which means 2 slots dedicated to boots and Manamune, 4 slots for Damage items for glass cannon, in which case you'll get blown up.

This combined with no escape, no innate survivability, and bad mana pool means that you'll become a soaker for damage in the late game, and deemed a KSer by your carries, yadda yadda. His E will allow him some room for survivability items because of the AR *penetration*, but he's still walking Kite Fodder with no gap closer, speed boost, etc.

How many people have said something is OP when they first see and test it? Many. This happens every time a new champ comes out, and it'll pass when people realize it isn't...mind you there'll still be many baddies who complain, but that's besides the point.

Edit: *

Blockbuster

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Garen and Volibear can do the same though?
Those abilities can be countered with resistances, which any smart player would have. The only way to build against true damage is straight health, which is less common. Also, Darius seems to have a slightly longer range on his ult.

Zatsh

05-22-2012

ive played him in the be, he has about 500 mana, his ult cost 100, if he goes in a team fight full mana, he can get it off i would say up to 3 time, since his e has a high cooldown, and so he is left with his q and w, so that will take less mana

Blockbuster

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
People have said this before again and again.

But you have to remember that Darius is a champ with a small mana pool. People who've played him have been able to get off 1 maybe 2 Guillotines if they even can in a team fight because they go Oom from using their other abilities.

If you want to 'spam' your true damage ulti, you'll have to get a Manamune. Which means 2 slots dedicated to boots and Manamune, 4 slots for Damage items for glass cannon, in which case you'll get blown up.

This combined with no escape, no innate survivability, and bad mana pool means that you'll become a soaker for damage in the late game, and deemed a KSer by your carries, yadda yadda. His E will allow him some room for survivability items because of the AR, but he's still walking Kite Fodder with no gap closer, speed boost, etc.

How many people have said something is OP when they first see and test it? Many. This happens every time a new champ comes out, and it'll pass when people realize it isn't...mind you there'll still be many baddies who complain, but that's besides the point.
Thanks, the mana pool point was something I had been thinking about. This isn't a "Darius OP but I haven't actually played him thread." It's just about the mechanic like that being placed on his ult. Only time will tell if it turns out to be a problem. And you're probably right about the KSing lol. That's gonna happen for sure.

Misticaltom

05-23-2012

Yeaaaaa, I'm liking hte idea of Darius not being OP so I cna play him more.

The whole style of Darius is awesome, THE SPLASH ART TOO STRONK!

Anyhow, When Nautilius came out, I screamed OP!

and he's totally OP, in the awesome tier kinda way.

Myrmidont

05-23-2012

No, its not

Katarina gets something similar but she ports around and has decent mobility to use her's and its kinda the same thing use wise resets etc etc.

Sure she's got more counters to hers...but she's also got more usage applications etc so it makes sense...this guys got a move speed after he autos champs or applies q...totally different to tele's/dashes. pretty limited in how much he can apply it.

kavinh the third

05-23-2012

honestly i don't think it'll be op since olaf's e at ranked 5 is basicly the same damage without the passive amplifier and range and is on a 3 second cooldown so is just as effective. If anything the spell i'm more concerned about is his q it's got 425 range which is extremely large for an aoe ability.

12345 ... 8