1188 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMiiC

05-22-2012

So I just finished my 10 ranked games and I have 1188 elo, 1200 top rating, is that good? Am I stuck in elo hell? Somebody help me clarify.

Axiom Prime

05-22-2012

Elo hell is a personal thing, it varies from person to person, you may be in elo hell at 500 or 900, or 1200, hell even 1600. Just keep playing and try to remain calm let alone keeping your team calm, if something goes bad go play something else for a few hours or do something other than LoL. Test the waters and see when you find the best players to be on, usually for me I find mornings and late nights to be the best time to queue.

AMiiC

05-22-2012

I usually only play whenever I have a few friends on, thanks for the advice(:

Fringey

05-22-2012

You're lower elo than before you ever played a ranked game.

Technician Tim

05-23-2012

you start at 1200 so you've dropped, but a lot of these poor saps end up below 800 so yeah your doing ok as far as im concerned

Extreme Eli

05-23-2012

We're the exact same elo

*Brofist*

Fennlt

05-23-2012

Elo hell is typically considered to be 100-200 elo below your "true elo." It is where you may be a little bit better at map awareness, general strategy, or even choosing your champion than the typical summoner, yet there isn't a significant enough gap in skill between you and the other players to get through this elo.

Some view elo hell as basically any elo in which they "don't belong." However, a very talented player named Saintvicious (2000+ elo) disproved that last year. He intentionally brought his elo down to rock bottom by queue dodging, then he steadily worked his way back up to his original elo with few problems.

Anyway, 1200-1400 elo is considered a modest elo, right around the median. So way you can look at it is, you're probably better than about half of level 30s, and the other half might have an edge on you

FiascoReborn

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennlt View Post
Elo hell is typically considered to be 100-200 elo below your "true elo." It is where you may be a little bit better at map awareness, general strategy, or even choosing your champion than the typical summoner, yet there isn't a significant enough gap in skill between you and the other players to get through this elo.

Some view elo hell as basically any elo in which they "don't belong." However, a very talented player named Saintvicious (2000+ elo) disproved that last year. He intentionally brought his elo down to rock bottom by queue dodging, then he steadily worked his way back up to his original elo with few problems.

Anyway, 1200-1400 elo is considered a modest elo, right around the median. So way you can look at it is, you're probably better than about half of level 30s, and the other half might have an edge on you
He didn't queue dodge down, a hacker brought his ELO down to literally 0 ELO. Then he just streamed a few games and yes proved you can win down there laughably easily. Then Riot returned his ELO back to 2k+

VeloZiraptor

05-23-2012

yes you are in elo hell. Im stuck between 1200 and 1100. Doenst matter wich role i play its always 1 or two people in my team who play so unbelievable bad.
Its very sad. you dont lose cause the other team is playing better, you lose cause you have 1 or 2 idiots in your team

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

IMO, it's more like an average. You can't expect your entire team to do better than the opponents team every game in all aspects of the game. If you win 4 for every 2 losses, you might rage, because you're losing 20 points about for every 40 you get. Obviously it takes a long time to improve your ELO, so play a lot