Punish Blatant Ward Placement

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempus Fugit

05-22-2012

Im not sure if a thread on this matter already exists but I think it's an issue that needs addressing asap.

I am referring to the problem of people dropping wards in close proximity to the enemy team and getting away with it due to the quick invisibility timer of that ward. You see this especially in bottom lane with supports dropping wards in a bush that is occupied by the enemy support.

My problem with this is that the person placing the ward is being rewarded instead of punished for not forcing the enemy out of position first and then putting the ward down. Yes if 2 people are next to the ward they can get 3 hits in and kill it but this rarely happens because the AD carry is usually in the middle of lane last hitting minions instead. This problem also happens alot with Baron where the aggressive team is punished when the enemy team blatantly throws wards over the wall from behind and gets vision of them killing it. The shoe should be on the other foot and the defending team should be punished for A not strategically placing wards with players out of position and B not being in correct position to contest baron to begin with.

Wards are probably the most powerful tool in the game and thus their application should require a bit of thought and skill instead of just throwing them out there and reaping the benefits. Extending the timer of the invisibility on the ward will force people to think about if its safe or not to place said ward and will just be better for everyone in general.

SSSilhouette

05-22-2012

I was going to make a thread on this issue sooner or later. I wholly agree.

DogInRealLife

05-22-2012

I think an alternative should be it disappears after 2 seconds of NOT being hit.

I agree, +1

Tempus Fugit

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyerion93 View Post
I think an alternative should be it disappears after 2 seconds of NOT being hit.

I agree, +1
That is a much better idea!

Tempus Fugit

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSilhouette View Post
I was going to make a thread on this issue sooner or later. I wholly agree.
I was going to bring this up in my podcast Kill Stolen but it just bugs the hell out of me so I had to open the thread now lol

Burnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

This would be a Support nerf.

Let's not have any more Support nerfs.

Koben

05-22-2012

What if wards start with 1HP and gain the other 2 during the two seconds before invisibility?
That way if you place a ward right on top of an enemy you still get vision, but they will most likely destroy that ward.

Holy Malevolence

05-22-2012

Don't outright extend it, but make it so that taking damage will reset the timer that makes wards go invisible.

Talon Silverwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

I would support this IF they made wards cheaper.

Pyr

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnie View Post
This would be a Support nerf.

Let's not have any more Support nerfs.
No. This would be a bad player nerf. We need all of those that we can get.

1234511 ... 13