Why is 3s not as popular as 5s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coola

05-22-2012

Pretty much what everyone said. They hear bad things from people who either never played TT or people who just don't know how to play TT, so they dont play it. SR is different then TT. In TT team comp, jungle control, and lane control win games, and a low % of the overall community know how to do these things in SR even. So when they lose and they don't know why they blame it on TT being a worse map, super imbalanced etc.

The other day my team beat some team and all they did is **** talk us for playing TT, telling us to play a real map. Telling us we suck and they probably had better 5s elos then us etc. They had lower elos then us, were just mad they didn't understand the map, and i guess they were frustrated because they were against people who knew how to play the map. And that is the problem because people just don't understand the map as people above me have said and that is why its not as popular as Summoners Rift.

LadyKayra

05-22-2012

The are a few factors.

- Little player base & visibility. (If only we could go twitch/own3d and give free 100+ viewers to any TT streamer, that would give quite more visibility to TT map).

- Bad press. We all have heard things about map inbalance, champion inbalance. We should fight against this "false religion". (We should really fight harder against that religion).

- Bandwagon effect. Pros play SR -> i have to play SR too, thats the real thing!

Lotus Guardian

05-23-2012

With all my complaints about this map aside (and there are many),
The is way more balanced than what it use to be when it was released (lolmundowins), in fact I do remember one of the 1st major tournaments (i've seen) take place in TT.
Anyways the dude about the TT being the unknown and people not liking it speaks the truth, only the people who have played it enough will understand the real problems and not the cover.