ARAM Cheaters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HRZ Slokey

05-21-2012

Anyone who plays All Random All Mid (ARAM) knows what an amazing game it can be when played by gentlemen that abide by the rules. That being said there are a lot of people that choose to cheat at this game for one reason or another. To me this type of person essentially ruins what would have been a fun filled 30 minutes for 9 other players. Having integrity these days seems hard to come by, it's a trait that seems to have completely bypassed the majority of the younger generation.

So what oh what is one to do about this? A lot of people require that you must be level 30 and know the rules to join your game, there are others still that require higher ELO and normal wins to play. Even with all of these stipulations I still find that I play against one cheater every three to four games.

People can state "I didn't know the rules" or "In my last ARAM we could do X."

That situation is easily remedied by a great thread put out by Sanitizer at this link http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=217893 and yet, cheaters are rampant in this custom made game.

I hereby propose that this post be a ban thread of known cheaters, so you can bump a list of summoners against a common ban list. That being said you cant just post, "Summoner XYZ cheated, ban him." Anyone that cares about real ARAM play can take the time to go through LoLReplay, or just take a screen shot of the cheat in the act. If you have photo or video proof of a summoner cheating, post it here.

That being said myself and a few buddies already have a list of around 80-100 cheaters in a notepad document that we will not play with because they have clearly violated a major rule of ARAM. I will not post these summoners names here because I do not have video or photo proof of all of them, as I just recently thought of the idea of making a public post.

I would love to hear the community's thoughts about this idea, as well as constructive criticism. I will not reply to trolls, as this is for people serious about ARAM play.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, let me know what you think.

-Slokey

DownsideUp

05-22-2012

Fairly certain these kinds of things are frowned upon by the reds for several reasons. Naming players when discussing cheating/bad behavior vice reporting them through proper channels can be considered harassment, too easy to make a false claim, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRZ Slokey View Post
this is for people serious about ARAM play.
I lol'd heartily at this statement. While ARAM (and similar) have clearly defined rules/variants, I wouldn't call them "serious" gametypes as they stand currently. They're fun and an interesting way to learn things like skill interactions, team fight positioning, and how to fight in constrained conditions, but they're not meant to be hyper competitive.

Taking ARAM too seriously is just as degrading to the enjoyment of it as cheating is. Relax and have fun, the matches are meant to be a bit silly.

HRZ Slokey

05-22-2012

Quote:
Taking ARAM too seriously is just as degrading to the enjoyment of it as cheating is
Not to the people who want to turn this into a competitive game mode, that would be like me saying in a 5v5 normal, "don't worry bro, yeah im feeding the enemy team, you're taking this too seriously." These people get sent to the tribunal due to griefing, however, Since this is a custom game mode, and rules made by the people and generally accepted and agreed upon by the people, not by riot themselves, you will not get anywhere reporting these people.

Quote:
Naming players when discussing cheating/bad behavior vice reporting them through proper channels can be considered harassment, too easy to make a false claim, etc.
If you even read my post you would see that we would specifically require video or photo evidence of this. Not to mention Riot isn't going to do anything about cheating in a custom game.

Warrior Exo

05-22-2012

ARAM is one of the most enjoyable things I've done on League of Legends. It greatly saddens me when someone cheats at it.

Mjd24

05-22-2012

Report them, I punish ARAM roamers and cheaters when the logs make it obvious

Fluffyknowsyou

05-22-2012

If you don't like first timers and cheaters, don't play aram then?

HRZ Slokey

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjd24 View Post
Report them, I punish ARAM roamers and cheaters when the logs make it obvious
I used to do the same, the problem is they are not violating any rules of summoners rift, so Riot will do nothing

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

When someone cheats on ARAM, all you have to do is hack their facebook and say that they want to kiss boys. They'll never cheat again.

Burkonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

http://www.twitch.tv/ragequitreplays
COME CHECK IT OUT...EXTREMELY RACIST AND VULGAR LoL STREAMING!!!!

SadButTrue666

05-23-2012

i got an idea, who gives a ****. ARAM is stupid anyway and its not even a real game mode. so why should people play it fairly. its not like can report them for playing the game mode incorrectly when the game mode isnt even a real game mode. ARAM is stupid and pointless