Karthus' Defile

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heat n Serve

10-28-2009

Can this be silenced? Playing as Soraka, I cast silence on Karthus while he had defile on and the defile didn't turn off. Is this a bug or working as intended?

I feel like defile should be silence-able (it is a spell), but perhaps I am wrong.

Tarion

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
Can this be silenced? Playing as Soraka, I cast silence on Karthus while he had defile on and the defile didn't turn off. Is this a bug or working as intended?

I feel like defile should be silence-able (it is a spell), but perhaps I am wrong.
This is... currently a feature. Whether it will stay that way is debatable.

What happens is that when you silence him, he is unable to turn off, or activate his AoE. If its on, it stays on (And sucking his mana) and if its off it stays off.

(Note: This is based on how CryOPs Glacial Storm used to work. I could be wrong)

spreadfred

10-28-2009

this is my guess- silence stops you from INITIATING spells. so karthus couldnt start his defile up while silenced, but it kept running since he had already initiated it.
if silence worked like you want it to, think about how OP it would be: you could INSTANTLY stop any champ's ult (nasus' or twitch's are 2 that come to mind).

Heat n Serve

10-29-2009

Guess it's like Pudge's rot in dota. At least I know now to make better use of my silence. Thanks!

mortgar

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadfred View Post
this is my guess- silence stops you from INITIATING spells. so karthus couldnt start his defile up while silenced, but it kept running since he had already initiated it.
if silence worked like you want it to, think about how OP it would be: you could INSTANTLY stop any champ's ult (nasus' or twitch's are 2 that come to mind).
problem is though: poison of singed active, then silenced... makes it NON-ACTIVE.
so why 1 hero one thing, and the other hero something else? some feedback plx riot :>

Slayerik

10-29-2009

When you are silenced as singed, your poison goes on. You cannot turn it off when silenced either until effect wears off.