Why doesn't riot like twisted treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeyBM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

this is my favorite map, but apparently Riot doesn't care for it. why!!!

Th3 Herbalist

05-21-2012

Good question, we've been wondering the same for over a year now.

Konouiji

05-21-2012

Since Summoner's Rift is what the main competitive events centralize around, the map has a much larger priority and is also the map which champions are adjusted more to, making Twisted Treeline null in any aspect of competitive gaming. As such, little to no resources are invested in it.

Or Riot hates it. Idk.

Lulu Nakura

05-21-2012

Because with the current state of the game it's impossible to create balance in a 3v3 environment. So they just ignore TT.

Ha11uc1n0g3n

05-21-2012

3v3 games aren't taken seriously by eSports and with Riots' push to "revolutionize the eSports scene" I can't imagine they'll be putting much effort into a map that will never make it to the show, so to speak. Hopefully that isn't the case because recently I've taken a liking to this map...only patience and time will tell.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

The money is in SR, not Dominion or TT. At the end of the day you kind of have to realize that they are going to give their largest amount of attention and support to the aspect that generates the most revenue for them.

That isn't to say Riot is not working on things quietly with one or two people, (we even have a regular red poster on our forums now.) but they are not going to give it the immediate attention that SR would get for bugs and balance issues. Additionally, any balancing they do for TT can not affect SR in any way, making it even more of a challenge.

acetheultimate

05-21-2012

idk you guys but ive noticed that after a certain level you cant play a ranked 3 v 3 game and i think that riot should also give TT its updates every once in a while instead of completely ignoring it

Threetwoone

05-22-2012

I personally think a fair amount of the champs are balanced. Let me explain:

By balanced, I mean equal portions utility to damage to bulkiness to skill

If a champ can be played as a back seat driver turning on auto attack and destroying everything. It should be squishy to "balance it"

If a champ has all skill shots with 10 second CDs, then there should either be amazing power put behind them, or a rather tanky feel. Or even a mix between the two.

If a champ is based around being a support character, with a very strong single, or group heal. It should be a little squshier then the AP carry simply because the team should want to protect it.

As long as there is a relative total balance between each champ, then it doesnt matter which map is played on.

make since?