Solo bot viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bleeaaarrgh

05-20-2012

I know people tend to go solo top, and duo bot. I was just wondering why this is. Cuz I can totally see the viability of running a solo bot lane with a duo top for better top jungle/dargon control, and it's really not much farther from red buff than bot lane. Just askin for people's thoughts out there

HarmoniusLove

05-20-2012

I'm not sure why its 2 bot 1 top, but If theres anyone I would trust to solo bot, it's morde.

FatMii

05-20-2012

The reason for two bot is because you have two bot on SR for dragon control but most LoL players are too ignorant to learn the reason for that so that is why it is also 2 bot for TT when it should be 2 top for TT.

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Or you have a jungler and just have 2 solo lanes and full dragon control.

DCTS x PRODIGYZ

05-21-2012

I jungle WW. 1 top Jax. 1 Bot GP. GG ^_^

Yankowich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

I might be completely wrong but from what I've understood, people used to have two bot because red buff previously also gave global gold and experience (and dedicated junglers weren't used much). It'd make some sense at least that it's just sticked since "nobody's told otherwise".

Top lane has a lot more escape routes though and a shorter distance to the turret, so that might be a good reason to have it as a solo lane. Also (without a jungler) the solo top has easy access to jungle camps for more experience and buffs to get even more ahead.

Anyway these days people play junglers a lot so the way I see it, two top makes it easier to try to shut down the jungler. Also if both teams have 3 laners, it might even catch the enemy off guard to make top a 2v1 and give your team a good start (of course your 1v2 has to be cut out for it).

NorDicUn

05-22-2012

people always 1 top/jungler and 2 bot i really don't know why, but thats the 3v3 meta, or well "sometimes" 1 jungler, 1 top and 1 bot

makkii

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTS x PRODIGYZ View Post
I jungle WW. 1 top Jax. 1 Bot GP. GG ^_^
any comp running galio with tmail= gg

DCTS x PRODIGYZ

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
any comp running galio with tmail= gg
Yes actually you can remove JAx with Galio... And several other champs. Even gP. But with me I personally would have those champs.