Does anyone else have horrible matchmaking on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

05-19-2012

I'm level 16, and I'm not particularly good even for someone relatively new to the game, I accept that. But it seems that because of the limited pool of players for TT, so many of the games are decided by who gets stuck with the people who are a lower level than the average, and this is only exacerbated by the difficulty of actually winning depending on your team comp. I just got out of a game where I was matched with a level 30 and a level 6, versus a level 15, level 18, and level 19 (and no, I'm 99% sure the level 6 was not duo queuing). Of course we got roflstomped, although it didn't help that the enemy team had Xin and Singed. In an earlier game, it was myself, a level 8 and level 26 versus a level 25, level 8, and level 19. In another game everyone was roughly level 12 except for myself, but I got matched with a Rammus who built 2 Thornmails and a Kennen who built 2 Void Staffs. I looked Kennen up, and in an earlier TT game he bought four Hextech Revolvers as Kennen!

I am dumbfounded that the algorithm thinks that was a good idea. The number of people who ever want to play TT is so small, I think all of us would not mind waiting more than 30 seconds to get a decent match.

(And this is not a QQ thread that I lost those games, many or all of the games I've won have been because of this, I actually had a very nice winning streak earlier, but winning because everyone else in the game is 4 levels behind me doesn't make me feel much better than losing because everyone on the enemy team is a higher level than everyone on my team)

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

A lot of the "pro" TT players have really long normal queues, going into 20+ minutes, and after that it pretty much gives you whoever is qued up.

Henry Plainview

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
A lot of the "pro" TT players have really long normal queues, going into 20+ minutes, and after that it pretty much gives you whoever is qued up.
There's a balance, though. I just played a game with a level 8 and level 24 on the enemy team and I'm sure they were not duo queuing because the 24 insulted his team in all chat (but he was playing Eve, and fairly suicidally at that, so...). Killing a dunkmaster with 2 pairs of boots does not feel good.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
There's a balance, though. I just played a game with a level 8 and level 24 on the enemy team and I'm sure they were not duo queuing because the 24 insulted his team in all chat (but he was playing Eve, and fairly suicidally at that, so...). Killing a dunkmaster with 2 pairs of boots does not feel good.
You don't have to duo queue to get long queues
The other day I soloed and everyone even on my team was under level 10

Sam

05-20-2012

Too little players play on TT, maybe that's why we get que'd like that o.o

D4RK3W0LF

05-20-2012

Idk about you, but I gotta wait 3 minutes in queue just for a solo queue normal game.