Was this guide helpful?

Yes 91 70.54%
No 38 29.46%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Guide to Sion the nuking UNDEAD BEAST!@!@!@

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imbri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

Handy little guide. I was trying to build him like a tank at first and not doing well, hating it.
Then I found this and did quite a bit better. I skip the soulstealer for sheen->lich bane first, and grab the speed 3 boots instead of sorcerors, but that's just me. Seems like everyone is stacking speed these days; gotta keep up.

xSJx

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShloobeR View Post
I used to play AP sion (sion is my main)

but Ever since I developed a strong build for DPS sion (and runed for it)... there's just no point playing AP anymore, DPS sion is just amazing

I will only pick AP sion if my team lacks other spelldamage

to clarify: AP Sion needs an EXTREMELY good early game to be powerful in late game teamfights, whereas DPS sion is simply devastating in a teamfight with ult+cleanse
Can you post your dps build quickly? Im also gonna try this ap build out, souds nice. Been trying out sion lately. Thanks.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

I tried all the AP sion guildes out there and they all fail late game, if you get past around 40 min mark they fall apart, early game they are amazing, but if you are going ap sion, let everyone know you are doing so, thus a real tank can step up and tank.

The shield is pre armor reduction, Takes little to no damage to remove the shield from you, a quick cast and its gone. Your better off getting more armor and just voiding off the damage all together.

Also a quick stun and your down for good.

This is a typical situation that happens a bunch, you shield, go to stun -banshie voids the attack stun damage, and your hit with ashe arrow and do ZERO damage and die saying well that sucked.

Also note that even if you do 900 damage with your shield you lose 50% of that damage, so only 450 damage. Now an AP build is good for mid to low ELO games but higher up games and it starts to fall apart, when people run anti-CC builds and focus CC. All it takes is for their primary target to have a stun and banshiee and your whole damage goes out the window, and all you become is a high hp ryze. Not that it's a bad thing but does have problems later on.

I find a solid DPS build works but is slow to build, have to be patient, and farm your gear. Need to work with a solid team as well. Key is for them to realize your team lifeleech abilities, and stay with you.

A solid DPS sion build does around 300 base damage and about 600 crit damage. So you shield, "sheen for 80% more damage on stun, then just crush them for 600+ more damage and finish with shield blast.

So both ways AP and DPS work, key is to fill in the missing role your team needs. And or offset the opponent. IE if an olaf is in play, remember 1 of his lightings will void your shield off, and he can't be stunned. He will put you out of play the whole game.

If they are heavy tank builds then doing 3k damage aka about 1500 after resists, will just annoy them and you have nothing else to offer.

If they build a bunch of casters that are squishy or there is a soraka in play on their team, then you can use an AP build to just ruin their day.

So learn to pick which build works best and go with it.

KavikaDestroyer

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofstars View Post
I tried all the AP sion guildes out there and they all fail late game, if you get past around 40 min mark they fall apart, early game they are amazing, but if you are going ap sion, let everyone know you are doing so, thus a real tank can step up and tank.

The shield is pre armor reduction, Takes little to no damage to remove the shield from you, a quick cast and its gone. Your better off getting more armor and just voiding off the damage all together.

Also a quick stun and your down for good.

This is a typical situation that happens a bunch, you shield, go to stun -banshie voids the attack stun damage, and your hit with ashe arrow and do ZERO damage and die saying well that sucked.

Also note that even if you do 900 damage with your shield you lose 50% of that damage, so only 450 damage. Now an AP build is good for mid to low ELO games but higher up games and it starts to fall apart, when people run anti-CC builds and focus CC. All it takes is for their primary target to have a stun and banshiee and your whole damage goes out the window, and all you become is a high hp ryze. Not that it's a bad thing but does have problems later on.

I find a solid DPS build works but is slow to build, have to be patient, and farm your gear. Need to work with a solid team as well. Key is for them to realize your team lifeleech abilities, and stay with you.

A solid DPS sion build does around 300 base damage and about 600 crit damage. So you shield, "sheen for 80% more damage on stun, then just crush them for 600+ more damage and finish with shield blast.

So both ways AP and DPS work, key is to fill in the missing role your team needs. And or offset the opponent. IE if an olaf is in play, remember 1 of his lightings will void your shield off, and he can't be stunned. He will put you out of play the whole game.

If they are heavy tank builds then doing 3k damage aka about 1500 after resists, will just annoy them and you have nothing else to offer.

If they build a bunch of casters that are squishy or there is a soraka in play on their team, then you can use an AP build to just ruin their day.

So learn to pick which build works best and go with it.
Both have their downsides. AP cries when his bubble is popped. DPS cries when he gets exhausted or worse, slowed. A slowed DPS sion is completely useless. This is why I play mostly AP

Miltus

08-03-2010

Are you 100% sure that detonating the shield procs Sheen/Lichbane?

xahhfink6

08-03-2010

Ew no... never EVER get mejais before sheen on sion... this guide is decently solid except for the obvious mistakes... like in your "burst combo" you magically got three lichbane procs off of two abilities that were used at the same time.

Also, you're using 'purity' on sion. Wat. Try Ignite + Ghost

xahhfink6

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltus View Post
Are you 100% sure that detonating the shield procs Sheen/Lichbane?
It 100% for sure does not

Kageoni4

08-12-2010

This built is pretty good depending on what kind of player you are. Here another item you might want to add, Aegis of the Legion probably either early or late or if you have golds to spare. May not provide AP but it does let melee champions destroy turrets faster when surfing with Minions mobs and allow minions to pressure foes, the effect still continue till you re-spawn again.

JohnCataldo

08-13-2010

This build is ancient. Mejai's doesn't even do what it did when this guide was written, and in this particular case thread necro is pretty bad.

Sion himself hasn't changed a lot, though.