the biggest hinderance to cohesive lore is....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

i enjoy dark characters. i like badass personalities. i like really powerful folk. however, their CHARACTER doesnt fit in the league. so either they need a different character, and in turn a whole new lore, or the league itself has to change to fit the character.

heres how you make these kind of characters work: 1) go back to the old lore where they are ripped from space and time to be summoned for battles that are a spectator sport. 2) remove the institute of war, and let us play a game using characters from a story/lore thats separate from our game.

take lissandra for example. 1) who wants to summon her? how does she represent anybody in the league/institute? 2) why would she volunteer her services when she has her own bitter agenda, where she leads and everyone else gets crushed. she isnt looking to beat people in a petty instanced game fight, she's looking to bring on a new and permanent ice age FOR REAL. its doesnt make sense.

look lore guys, this new way of doing things is fun and all, but the biggest clinch in your system is the league itself. you HAVE to redo the league to make it make sense. either remove the institute of war from valoran, or make the institute of war from a separate world that pulls characters from valoran and other worlds for its games.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

another point to make: kingdoms of amalur

ok sure, the company went under, but thats through no fault of the lore. by all accounts, salvatore walked in with a binder of 10,000 years of history. one guy, wrote a cohesive history. i enjoyed learning about the history and relationships of the land immensely. for one, it was thorough, it wasnt a bunch of cliffhanger bull**** with "no one but him/her knows". it was definitive. also, things MADE SENSE. everything in that world worked in strict systems (the real conflict came when that system broke) but even after conflict arose, everything MADE SENSE. there wasnt a single character whose motives i questioned. or if there was, they were soon revealed and defined and story unfolded. there were no obscure and out of place characters (random anubis/crocodile people, random lich, random harbinger of doom centaur thats willing to cooperate). anything that seemed an anomaly was placed with care and REASON. they FIT. stop making things that dont fit.

two ways to stop making things that dont fit: make things fit from the get go (shape the peg right) or fix the place you're putting them (the league, the hole for the peg).

Seth Lightheart

05-08-2013

This.... makes sense.

Bregan

05-09-2013

lol wtf downvotes against logic with no explanation. what kind of loser does that?

thatpolarburswag

05-09-2013

Though I don't agree with your methods of solving the problem with the lore, I do agree with the problems you pointed out, especially in Lissandra's case. With all the other "dark" champions, i.e. Nocturne, the Void champs, etc. a reason for their presence in the League was given. Be it enslavement (most Void champs and Noctune) or the spreading of religion (Malzahar). A valid reason for Lissandra has not yet been given.

Bregan

05-12-2013

bumping because im noticing a lot of similar concerns with aatrox.

Hexrew

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
bumping because im noticing a lot of similar concerns with aatrox.
Seriously, what's his motive for this? Don't get me wrong, he looks badass, but it seems like he'd have better things to take care of than running around the fields of justice bonking champions on the head with that huge (and possibly sentient) sword of his.

Bregan

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexrew View Post
Seriously, what's his motive for this? Don't get me wrong, he looks badass, but it seems like he'd have better things to take care of than running around the fields of justice bonking champions on the head with that huge (and possibly sentient) sword of his.
exactly. oh he wants/needs blood? well the fields of justice are fake. all blood/wounds dont matter.

"my blade is thirsty" fights, "ah thats better" match ends" .... thirsty again"

besides, a match is against non-bleeding constructs (minions) and 5 enemy champions. he's used to grand battles of slaughtering legions.

Bregan

4 Days Ago

just bumping this because im glad that after a year and a half, riot finally listened.