People Upset About Lore: I Have Just One Things To Say To You.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splougy

09-11-2014

Hello Lore Discussion people's, I know you see my name but I'ma say it anyway...

I'm Splougy, and I frequent the Champion Feedback forums. It's a wonderous place free of reds interfering in the affairs of the people (forsakened: if you will). A true Trolltopia in the truest sense! A great place to vent and rant about things that make you angry. Visit us, we enjoy company!

What brought me to Lore Discussion was how troubling I found the changes to the lore, like most of you have. I read the posts by the read here from a few days ago and it didn't inspire much confidence, trying to hard to make light of your concerns and not addressing much which were both understandable and fustrating at the same time, and in turn it made me more upset... However, in that thread there were a lot of level headed people and it promoted me to actually think about the changes, and this is what I came up with and posted in my section of the forums due to people bringing it up

---------------------------

Remember only 1 episode of the event has been released. Lore was gutted to one paragraph to remove spoiler's! Azir is not out yet so this event is far from over. Be calm and realize this is for the best. While Skarner's lore is up in the air on weather it'll be good or bad (the fact remains is he was written out of the Crystal Scar) but the lore for the other's (Cassiopeia, Sivir, Nasus, Renekton, and Xerath) will be over all better.

For Nasus and Renekton, instead of space monsters who really have no business here, they are now apart of the history of Runeterra and Xerath's story has been explained further with more detail.

As for Sivir and Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia isn't some useless seductriess whoring it up with delegates to Noxus and her personality fits more with that of her families. While Sivir will now actually have a personality. I mean... her old story was basicly

Quote:
I fight for Noxus, but realized they were bat **** crazy... so I left and now live in Demacia... Fighting the people who are jelly I left"
If anyone's story needed to be gutted, it was Sivir's as she was a canidite for the least compelling lore in the league. Close with Quinn and Ahri.

So before you rage in the wrong forum (CHampion Feedback is about spreading hate, not lore) remember... The event isn't done yet, and cooler heads need to prevail. Trust in Rito, while sometimes they do **** up (Trundle's Lore) they try... We all make mistakes, just give them a chance to see where this pans out.

---------------------------

All we need to do is give Rito time. Take a deep breath and relax, this is merely the beginning. Our lore will come with Azir. I promiss you, but if it was released in it's entirety it would spoil the entire event! We must trust in Rito on this one and let cooler heads prevail. It WILL be worthit I GARENtee it!

SecretLore

09-11-2014

I agree here completely.

If people want to complain about the new lore they should wait and look at it when it is full.

Also while change can be hard(and does not always need to be good),one should not dismiss everything new as being bad.
The new lores may be different in some aspects,but they keep most aspects of the characters and in some cases they manage to capture the essence of the champion better than the old lore(cassio still got cursed because she betrayed someone and we actually see her manipulating and backstabbing,Renekton still went mad becuase of the influence of someone else and we actually are able to see his heroic side,etc.)

Chromatic Eagle

09-11-2014

People will have to tolerate the changes or quit. Many would love to wait and see for the full picture. Problem is that after years of doing that with everything else, some of us are short on patience. Are they going to make more of an effort this time?

GenociderX

09-11-2014

Thank you

Kyryck

09-11-2014

Actions speak louder than words ever will. Riot's actions over the past two and a bit years have spoken volumes and quite a bit louder than their words ever will for a good while to come. Needless to say that the same rhetoric about 'just wait and see and trust' has been around for almost the entire time as well.

Put quite simply, you may feel that Riot deserves trust on this issue. I and many others don't. I and many others have two years of neglect and lies to back that lack of trust. People who clamor for trust have......the exact same evidence I and others have used to base our mistrust in Riot on.

If you want to believe based on what they say and not their actions, fine. I'm not interested in convincing you otherwise. I'll play the game because I enjoy the mechanics and the like. I find playing with my friends fun. At one time I was entranced by the possibilities that the lore offered. Watching Riot's behavior over the past years and reading their statements, seeing what kind of 'lore' they've put out....I have zero patience or trust left in what they have to offer.

I've watched as they've squandered the goodwill of people interested in lore and backstory and narrative as components of the game. I've watched excuse after excuse be tossed out, along with plaintive wails about how everybody just needs to trust and more will come. Well, too late. Trust has a limit, as does patience. I'm bewildered as to how Riot could take such a golden opportunity as League of Legends and simply look the other way as to its potential. I'm stunned that a company could string people along for two years with outright falsehoods about 'more lore coming' and still expect any goodwill or trust from that same community it had been neglecting.

Believe you Riot when you say, yet again, that more is coming? Trust is earned. You've not earned mine and, in point of fact, your actions has spoken to the true character of those running the lore department louder than any words you could ever write or speak.

LeeDark

09-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
I agree here completely.

If people want to complain about the new lore they should wait and look at it when it is full.

Also while change can be hard(and does not always need to be good),one should not dismiss everything new as being bad.
The new lores may be different in some aspects,but they keep most aspects of the characters and in some cases they manage to capture the essence of the champion better than the old lore(cassio still got cursed because she betrayed someone and we actually see her manipulating and backstabbing,Renekton still went mad becuase of the influence of someone else and we actually are able to see his heroic side,etc.)
You still don't get it. If we wait until then, it will be far too late to convince Riot to turn it around. The problem isn't that the lore couldn't be better. We all agree it could be better. The problem is WE LIKED BEING SUMMONERS. We like the Institute of War and the ACTUAL ****ING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, the namesake of the ENTIRE GAME.

Axinhed

09-11-2014

I waited for Lore to come and they axed the JoJ and the League Judgements, with the promise of making more lores to make up for it.

I waited for lore to come after that, and they gave me the Katarina retcon, the first Jayce lore and the Warwick/Soraka changes. I had to yell and scream for them to be at least slightly improved.

Then I waited again for the lore to come, and I got the Shadow Isles retcons, with all its blandness.

After that I waited for the lore to come, and for the previous event to be followed up on, and they gave me the Freljord event. It was filled with unpopular retcons and promises of new stories that will surely come. It still hasn't come a year after.

So I waited again for the lore to come, and I got... the biggest retcon ever. The entire premise of the game's lore just got gutted for even more promises and retcons.

And now you ask me again to wait?

Now you see why a lot of us are a bit miffed. We waited, and got this. We wanted the story to be built upon the foundations of the old like a regular story, but all we got are promises and retcons.

NeoJusteBelmont

09-11-2014

I think I agree with the last part of the OP. Please think all those with a cool head. Don't get consumed with your sense of entitlement because you're the older fans, just don't keep your head hot and filled with rage.

If you can't live with it or is still pissed with that... just take a break from League. There's a lot of MOBAs out there (though I guarantee you ARE going to meet unpleasable ones too. It's the stigma of the genre). Or stories that can intrigue you better. Then maybe when you cool your head a little, you can decide if you want to go back to LOL, or just never come back. The choice is pretty much yours. Besides, if Riot would become bankrupt because of your leaving... well aren't you glad that you pretty much washed all your hands from this?

GenociderX

09-11-2014

Sigh, u can't reason with unreasonable people, They "Still don't get it"

NeoJusteBelmont

09-11-2014

The downvote still continue even if I am trying to assert this in a cool head.

Oh well, I'll just leave this forum, but I'll still play the game, because I love the lore, I am fine with the direction but most importantly, I LOVE the game. That is what's important to Riot. So as long as I play, the game will go on.