New to the Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deathstar628

01-27-2013

Okay, so I started a month ago and I like the stories for each champion. Just a question: what is the whole story behind the lore anyway? I know I might get flamed but the lore behind LOL is kind of confusing. I mean, lores like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Space, Halo, etc. are easier to follow; even World of Warcraft. What is the story behind this game; such as character allegiance, etc. Here's what I do know, sort of:

1. Cho'Gath, Kag'Maw, and Kha'Zix are from a dark dimension called the Void; said to be a realm of untold terror and foul creatures that are hell-bent on destroying Runeterra.
2. There are two main kingdoms: Noxus and Demacia, which are at constant war.
3. There is a sinister island call the Dark Isle which damned souls and creations take pride and joy in torturing every living soul in Runeterra.
4. There are other places but I'm too lazy to name them and I don't know them.
5. Characters hate other characters out of personal vendettas.
6. League of Legends is a league that have Summoners that call forth a champion to solve political issues instead of going to an all out war.
7. Garen and Katarina have a secret "fling".
8. Void + Door = F***ed up scenario

That's all I know. Can anyone else fill me in on the full lore? Cause just reading champion lore take way too long and too lazy to look up stories about battles and stuff.

deathstar628

01-27-2013

P.S. Anyone know anything else about Thresh or the other guys from Shadow Isle. Also, what's the deal with that island?

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

The name is "Shadow Isles" or "Shadow Island" (i cant recall that now, damn) but definitly not Dark Island.

Lets see. What Lore have you been reading? You only looked at Champion Bios? Have you read the Journal of Justice? Or the Champion's Judgements? Also search in this forums or on Reddit for the Champion's AMAs.

The Journal of Justice was like the newspapper of Valoran, it was written bu Riot staff obviously. They releases a new JoJ per month i think (its been a long time). Any way, there you had a ton of Lore about the world and certain champions as well. If you are really into the Lore you are gonna love it. You can find the JoJ on the game clien, next to the "profile", "store" and "help" buttons on the top right corner of the client you will see a button which has a feather as a symbol, clicking on it will open the latest JoJ, you should go to the first one and start over there tho. It is important to know that they dont releas JoJ anymore so that is disapointing.
(This link will direct you yo the first JoJ, if you prefer to read it online instead from the client: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...13-july-20-cle)

Another good source of Lore related stuff were the Judgements, you can find them here on the Lore section of the forums, here's a link to a post by Slyph, scrolling though here you will find the links to all the Judgements made by Riot plus a lot of more interesting info: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=256575

About the AMAS you use the search function here on the forums, it sucks but you will find them eventually.

For a lot of info related to the Lore just check this forums, there has been a lot of discusion about the Shadow Isles recently and if you go back you can find threads related to each and every single Lore piece that there ever was

AlexHumphrey

02-01-2013

There is a post at the very top of the Lore Discussion forum titled "Institute of War: The Chamber of Antiquity - (Lore Archives & Other Literary Works)"

This has links to all the current Lore stuff (and a lot of good fan-made stuff)