More pre-requisites for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vulgarwolf

05-19-2012

As well as being lvl 30, i feel that it should be also a pre requisite that players have full rune books..so many player hit lvl 30..have bought as many champs as they can and have no runebooks set up..or have many runebooks and no champs..these people are at a severe disadvantage over players who do have the full set ups. Or have multiple tiers of ranked depending on games played and such

AdamasHaima

05-19-2012

Tiers of ranked players? That sounds suspiciously like ELO... it keeps players grouped with others of similar skill... interesting that that is already there.
By full Rune Books, I assume you mean max rune pages. That is unnecessary. There are 5 roles to be played, and many can share the same runes. I have 2 pages, I have 1 for ad/top/jungle and the other for ap/support. no need to have a full rune book.
Feels to me like RIOT gives us what is necessary and lets us expand on that if we so desire.

beyond that, I see you have 4 rune pages, which is by no means a full rune book...

Miz

05-20-2012

1 - Get level 30 is something simple to do, in a few days you can do it.

2 - Many get level 30 without even knowing how to play properly with its champions, some players starts in ranked games and lose many times.

3 - It would be interesting more one or two more requirements to play ranked games. As an example, a minimal number of normal games, a minimum amount of champions, a minimum amount of rune pages. This would mean that only those who have a reasonable knowledge about the game can start playing in this mode.

4 - I'm sorry for my poor english.

Sam Is Whoa

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzt View Post
1 - Get level 30 is something simple to do, in a few days you can do it.

2 - Many get level 30 without even knowing how to play properly with its champions, some players starts in ranked games and lose many times.

3 - It would be interesting more one or two more requirements to play ranked games. As an example, a minimal number of normal games, a minimum amount of champions, a minimum amount of rune pages. This would mean that only those who have a reasonable knowledge about the game can start playing in this mode.

4 - I'm sorry for my poor english.
They have already changed the fact that you need to own the champ to play the champ in ranked. Free week champs are not available in ranked anymore.

And making ppl buy more rune pages is ridiculous. They are trying to keep this game as "free to play" as possible. U can only by rune pages with RP so forcing someone to buy something to take part in a "free to play" game isn't gonna happen.

Your at your elo because you belong there. Maybe you started rank when you weren't ready and lost alot of elo or whatever your reason but your not low elo because of riot or trolls. I'm low elo myself because I wasn't ready for ranked now I'm getting higher.

The changes in the new patch are enough and don't NEED any more.

Deshwita

05-20-2012

Just want to correct you on 1 thing Sam Is Whoa. You can buy rune pages 1 at the time for 6.3 ip. So it will still be free to play game.

Ō

05-20-2012

Bump

Sam Is Whoa

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshwita View Post
Just want to correct you on 1 thing Sam Is Whoa. You can buy rune pages 1 at the time for 6.3 ip. So it will still be free to play game.
Well thank you for educating me. I was not aware but thats alot of IP to force someone to own 16 champions plus 2 extra (5 im guessing is what the poster wants them to have) rune pages. Thats alot of IP spent on things other than runes that could help you better your game.

I still stand by my stance on the fact that more stipulations on rank games over what the new patch has is too much.

McDerp

05-20-2012

I get what OP is saying though, you guys however aren't. One of the pre-reqs should be having won at least 10 games at lvl 30 in every position (SoloMid/Top,Jungle/Bot). They could do this by the game checking where everyone is at minute 2:30, (not 1:55, cuz junglers get leashes and stuff) and use that as a reference to determine what position people played in. (if dead by 2:30, the game will take their corpse into account.)

I agree though that ranked should require more pre-reqs than just lvl 30. Many players, including myself, did the ULTRANOOB move of playing ranked right away after hitting lvl 30, which ruined ranked for me, and i bet a lot more people as well. Something needs to be done RIOT!! please <3

Fluffyknowsyou

05-20-2012

Since phreak and some of his staff are apparently gold and up players, they should have more in depth tutorials/demonstrations. I get a lot of good advice from streamers from time to time or from some random post on a site like solo mid or moba,but it'd be nice to have some consolidation from the source site.

For example: Giving some tips for how use wards effectively would help like half of lol's player base.

Sam Is Whoa

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakei8 View Post
I get what OP is saying though, you guys however aren't. One of the pre-reqs should be having won at least 10 games at lvl 30 in every position (SoloMid/Top,Jungle/Bot). They could do this by the game checking where everyone is at minute 2:30, (not 1:55, cuz junglers get leashes and stuff) and use that as a reference to determine what position people played in. (if dead by 2:30, the game will take their corpse into account.) &lt;3

There is no way that would ever work. I guess you dont have many games in your belt. Because a blue invaasion could easily take ppl through a fight in the jungle and a chase around and gank top to minute 3. You cant script the game to track your location and it would be too easy it work around. Not a good idea at all. Sorry if you get butt hurt because your idea is bad.

GEtting to level 30 will get you alot of experience and good game play. Yea people arent always ready to rank by level 30 but thats their choice Elo will sort it all out. You cant complain about noob first time rankers ruining your elo because not every game is the same. The rules are fine the way they Are (new patch included)and dont need to be changed. If you are truly as good as you think your elo will reflect it with time and work.