Support Rune Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naedox

05-19-2012

I was wondering, what do you suppose would be a good support build for characters like Soraka or the girl with bigger chest muscles than Tryndamere? This is what I have so far:

Flat Armor Marks
Gold per 10 Seals
Flat Cooldown Reduction Glyphs
Gold per 10 Quintessences

If there is some way that this can be made better, please respond. I'd love to hear what you good people have to say. =)

kibasreign

05-19-2012

Gp10 quints, flat armor marks, mana regen per 5 blues and mr yellows. This is the best.

Ahris Pantsu

05-19-2012

Matters. That page is good for a "magey" support, like Sona or Soraka. But for a more tankish support, like Alistar or Leona, try running Flat Armor Reds, Flat Armor Yellows, Flat MR Blues, and GP/10 quints.

Naedox

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameOkami View Post
Matters. That page is good for a "magey" support, like Sona or Soraka. But for a more tankish support, like Alistar or Leona, try running Flat Armor Reds, Flat Armor Yellows, Flat MR Blues, and GP/10 quints.
Huh. So even champions that aren't categorized as supports CAN be supportive. Can that same build be used for others like Shen or Galio?

Ahris Pantsu

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naedox View Post
Huh. So even champions that aren't categorized as supports CAN be supportive. Can that same build be used for others like Shen or Galio?
I'd assume they'd run something similar, yes.

This is Elementz's old support tier list. Besides Annie, you see all these supports pretty regularly.

Supports: 1) Janna, 2) Alistar, 3) Soraka, 4) Taric, 5) Leona, 6) Nunu, 7) Sona, 8) Lulu, 9) Lux, 10) Blitzcrank, 11) Yorick, 12) Galio, 13) Gangplank, 14) Annie, 15) Karma

Naedox

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameOkami View Post
I'd assume they'd run something similar, yes.
It should work because like Leona and Alistar, Shen and Galio are both tanks, but UNLIKE Leona and Alistar, they're catagorized and are on a heavier emphasis on support.

All in all, more likely than not, the rune build should work for them. If not, we might as well use that specific rune page for firewood for the many undying fires in the Fields of Justice.