Twisted Fate: Pick a Card (Issue?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ngai Tahu

11-23-2012

This has probably been mentioned many times in the past but here we go any way..

Ok so I'm not going to be one of those people that says there IS an issue, so I'm going to open this up for discussion, and hopefully a Red might be able to chime in.

I've been playing Twisted Fate recently, and am enjoying it a lot, he's a fun champ. My only concern I see with him so far is that his Pick a Card ability is visible to opponents. I personally consider this a design issue as the enemy knows when you want to stun, when you want to push lane and when you're desperate for mana. Does any body else think it should be a blank card above his head, maybe with a question mark on it? Only to enemies. But allies can see what you choose.

I'm sure there must be a reason he was designed this way, but it'd be like Annie having a big blinking sign saying "NEXT ATTACK WILL STUN" for example. Lol.

I've always backed away when I see a Twisted Fate with the yellow card up, and any body else would too.

That's just my opinion, what does everybody else think?

I quickly threw together an example of what I think the enemy should see when Twisted fate is using Pick a Card. Black card with 3 question marks on it, just looks a bit interesting lol, design doesn't matter here, just the idea.

Jonheath291

11-23-2012

I don't see it as an issue so much as an inconvenience. I would support this change, however it isn't "needed" per say. Best bet is to hide in the bushes and initiate with it

Also... Top lane TF and Udyr is stun lock central :P good duo lol so if there is another champ that can stun first, let them then put pick a card on and stun the enemy to increase the stun :P

Wuuthrad

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngai Tahu View Post
This has probably been mentioned many times in the past but here we go any way..

Ok so I'm not going to be one of those people that says there IS an issue, so I'm going to open this up for discussion, and hopefully a Red might be able to chime in.

I've been playing Twisted Fate recently, and am enjoying it a lot, he's a fun champ. My only concern I see with him so far is that his Pick a Card ability is visible to opponents. I personally consider this a design issue as the enemy knows when you want to stun, when you want to push lane and when you're desperate for mana. Does any body else think it should be a blank card above his head, maybe with a question mark on it? Only to enemies. But allies can see what you choose.

I'm sure there must be a reason he was designed this way, but it'd be like Annie having a big blinking sign saying "NEXT ATTACK WILL STUN" for example. Lol.

I've always backed away when I see a Twisted Fate with the yellow card up, and any body else would too.

That's just my opinion, what does everybody else think?

I quickly threw together an example of what I think the enemy should see when Twisted fate is using Pick a Card. Black card with 3 question marks on it, just looks a bit interesting lol, design doesn't matter here, just the idea.
Quite a few champions have indicators for certain things.

Janna: Bird flying around her when Zephyr is up
Annie: White circle around her when stun is available
Kha'Zix: Purple "tendrils" radiating out of him (Original) or huge CAUTION sign (Mecha) if you are isolated
Udyr: You can tell what stance he is in
Sion: You can tell when Enrage is active
Twisted Fate: See the color of Pick A Card

If your logic was applied to all these champions, they would be 100x stronger.

TooLazy2Quit

11-25-2012

Your idea is good but thats not the issue I have with this ability.

My issue is the actual picking a card. I feel that it changes between cards too fast. I end up picking the wrong card.....a lot. It may just be me.

Xarue

11-26-2012

Agreed but what if you didnt have to choose, I mean it would be a better use of space if you would just remake his skills by separating the three cards into three different ability for example

Pas: everyone gains 4 extra gold per kill and every third attack tf deals md.
Q: Deals magic damage to heal mana equil to the damage.
W: Slows and damage dealing md and phy damage to the area granting mvm speed for 5 second.
E: Stuns dealing phy damage and grants atk speed.
R: Reveal all enamy for 7 second, reactivate to telaport to a location dealing a md and phy damage in the area.

I dont like the choosing of cards, it takes to long and is risky most of the time, with the whole waiting and all. Riot if you do read this plz talk it over with the other staffs or at least consider these changes.

Orîon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPlayer1337xX View Post
Quite a few champions have indicators for certain things.

Janna: Bird flying around her when Zephyr is up
Annie: White circle around her when stun is available
Kha'Zix: Purple "tendrils" radiating out of him (Original) or huge CAUTION sign (Mecha) if you are isolated
Udyr: You can tell what stance he is in
Sion: You can tell when Enrage is active
Twisted Fate: See the color of Pick A Card

If your logic was applied to all these champions, they would be 100x stronger.
you're an idiot.

NONE of those are giant sharp-edged rectangles floating above your head in extremely vibrant and saturated colors. The bird around janna isn't the size of a card and in vibrant blue, the white circle around annie isn't giant and floating above her head.

The problem with TF is all of his harass is completely useless. he is the easiest champ to deny cs and not take a single point of damage.

Xarue

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionasdf View Post
you're an idiot.

NONE of those are giant sharp-edged rectangles floating above your head in extremely vibrant and saturated colors. The bird around janna isn't the size of a card and in vibrant blue, the white circle around annie isn't giant and floating above her head.

The problem with TF is all of his harass is completely useless. he is the easiest champ to deny cs and not take a single point of damage.
True dat but chill chill easy boy, whosa good boy, WhoSa good boy, you are, good boy, sit boo boo sit.

DmG Apollo

11-26-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=dmg+apollo
This thread I made is on the same subject as this one. Lots of good points and ideas.

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8

11-26-2012

i agree with you main poster

and i LOOOVE your black card look !

yeah it rocks !

btw ... TooLazy2Quit ... you did a noob comment

just l2p tf and you wont have this problem anymore

JohntheMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionasdf View Post
you're an idiot.

Lawl that escalated quickly.

How about Jax? When he spins his lamp post above his head it is pretty clear that he plans to stun you. Should Riot remove that animation, and let him simply stun without warning?

If you are laning against Kennen and he lightening rushes towards you, doesn't that hint at a stun/gank? Yeah when he wants to stun, Twisted Fate has a yellow card above his head - pretty noticable, but Kennen turns into a white ball of electricity and makes buzzing noises.

Watching your opponents and skill animations are key parts of the game. TF doesn't need a blank card.

OP: Personally, I wouldn't support this, but you did a good job presenting your idea (love the picture and example card).

Who knows, if enough Twisted Fate players want this, Riot might change the design.