How to Improve Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrenixPL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Turrets

They are weak, especially the nexus and beginner turrets. The beginner turrets allow turret dodging at very low levels, while there is only one turret defending the nexus. In summoner's rift, the nexus has three turrets defending it. A single turret as a defense for the nexus is very imbalanced and can easily be soloed lategame. In addition, the positioning of turrets are poor. After the first turret goes down, the jungle gets handed to the enemy team because it becomes overly easy for them to gank. The other team then goes into a turtling phase, which greatly extends the duration of the game.

Walls

Almost every single wall in the map can easily be jumped over with a flash or an ability, including the wall that is against the Nexus. This allows for backdooring, making flash become overpowered as well as champions that are capable of jumping through walls.

Base Fountain

The fountain is extremely close to the nexus, allowing for ranged champions to have an enormous advantage in defending their base. Champions with throwing and grabbing abilities are also able to instant kill enemy champions because of this. In addition, enemy minions sometimes manage to walk into it, as if their pathing is poorly designed. Some players even lure minion waves into the fountain to quickly clear them up.

Brushes

There are just way too many of them. They allow for unfair getaways. It's bad enough that almost every wall can be jumped over, this just adds fuel to the fire.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated. This is coming from someone who strictly plays twisted treeline.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenixPL View Post
Turrets

They are weak, especially the first and last turrets. In addition, the positioning of turrets are poor. After the first turret goes down, the jungle gets handed to the enemy team because it becomes overly easy for them to gank. The other team then goes into a turtling phase, which greatly extends the duration of the game.

Walls

Almost every single wall in the map can easily be jumped over with a flash or an ability, including the wall that is against the Nexus. This allows for backdooring, making flash become overpowered as well as champions that are capable of jumping through walls.

Base Fountain

The fountain is extremely close to the nexus, allowing for ranged champions to have an enormous advantage in defending their base. Champions with throwing and grabbing abilities are also able to instant kill enemy champions because of this. In addition, enemy minions sometimes manage to walk into it, as if their pathing is poorly designed. Some players even lure minion waves into the fountain to quickly clear them up.

Brushes

There are just way too many of them. They allow for unfair getaways. It's bad enough that almost every wall can be jumped over, this just adds fuel to the fire.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated. This is coming from someone who strictly plays twisted treeline.
1. No..

2. They are like this on Dominion and SR too.

3. Stand as close to the wall as possible

4. Wtf

i think u just mad

TrenixPL

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
2. They are like this on Dominion and SR too.
In dominion you have no actual base and in summoner's rift the lane is big, making it a stupid idea to even consider running into the jungle for a wall jump.

Quote:
3. Stand as close to the wall as possible
The turret is right next to the fountain. You will still get harassed, pulled, and thrown. Especially if you're playing a melee champion. Therefore this is lame advice and a poor strategy.

Quote:
i think u just mad
Think you're just a troll. I'm not complaining about a champion or anything, I'm giving ideas for a mode that needs to be clearly worked on. Goes to show you can be trolled by just about anything.

Axil

03-23-2012

upvote me and ill give you the real answer on how to beat the system
edit: fine be that way have fun losing

Luego

03-23-2012

All of your ideas/complaints/concerns are reflected in no less than 2 dozen previously posted threads.

With the probable exception of bushes. I've never heard anyone complain about bushes, I have no issue w/ the bushes, and I don't think there's any need for a change. Plus, turrets don't seem particularly weak. They do a great job of protecting you early game, and you have to protect them late game. That seems kinda their point.

TrenixPL

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
All of your ideas/complaints/concerns are reflected in no less than 2 dozen previously posted threads.

With the probable exception of bushes. I've never heard anyone complain about bushes, I have no issue w/ the bushes, and I don't think there's any need for a change. Plus, turrets don't seem particularly weak. They do a great job of protecting you early game, and you have to protect them late game. That seems kinda their point.
Brushes are a huge problem for chasers. In twisted treeline, everyone runs toward a brush at every given moment they can when they are in trouble. They can do so because there is so many everywhere. In summoner's rift, there isn't that many brushes and when there are brushes, they mostly are very small or come in a big patch. Therefore, following a champion into a brush in summoner's rift, will usually not make you lose your target. In twisted treeline, some brushes even have a wall inside of it. This gives way too much escape for players with flash or champions that jump over walls.

As for the turrets, summoner's rift has 3 turrets defending the nexus. In twisted treeline, there is only one which is fairly weak and can be taken down solo. Another thing, the beginner turrets allow players to turret dodge at very early levels, unlike summoner's rift.

Methamphetamind

03-23-2012

just learn the map, lol. If you having that much trouble with bushes (prob only ranged enemies will cause this) then spend 75g and ward the next one they run through.

Ban champs who dash through walls (or pick them) and keep track of enemy flash timers.

The fountain probably is too close to the nexus, but with the fact that 3v3 games are usually decided at 15minutes, its not too bad. Gives a losing team a bit of breathing room to come back, and makes pushing final tower require an ace or good tankiness.

Conclusion:
TT is fine. L2p

TrenixPL

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abortionism View Post
just learn the map, lol. If you having that much trouble with bushes (prob only ranged enemies will cause this) then spend 75g and ward the next one they run through.
So I must waste money for every single brush in twisted treeline because riot decided to make too many? I played much longer than you, I know the map very well. It's not that I don't know where I'm going, it's that it's too easy to trick the player who's chasing you.

Quote:
Ban champs who dash through walls (or pick them) and keep track of enemy flash timers.
There is no normal draft pick or solo ranked in twisted treeline. Besides, banning wasn't designed to properly balance the game. Banning is meant to overthrow your opponents by canceling out their champions or canceling out the champions that they could use to counter you.

Quote:
The fountain probably is too close to the nexus, but with the fact that 3v3 games are usually decided at 15minutes, its not too bad. Gives a losing team a bit of breathing room to come back, and makes pushing final tower require an ace or good tankiness.

Conclusion:
TT is fine. L2p
All this does is cause problems and increase the duration of the game. It's funny how twisted treeline usually lasts longer than a game of summoner's rift but I end up getting less IP from twisted treeline. Players come back because the map was designed incorrectly, which usually makes the team that should of won; lose.

ikillutwice

03-23-2012

Defiantly the game time. This game is supposed to be shorter but is far longer then SR. For me if they fixed that I would like it so much more

TrenixPL

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillutwice View Post
Defiantly the game time. This game is supposed to be shorter but is far longer then SR. For me if they fixed that I would like it so much more
Agreed. Especially if we're getting less IP for a game mode that lasts the longest.