what are so champs that counter riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insípid

05-21-2012

Jax is a hard counter to riven

Devinos

05-21-2012

Btw to the others. I don't think there's 1 champ that has ONLY one counter. You can beat comps, champs, and (especially) players with different techniques.

bombomb

05-21-2012

^^ that.

Also someone mentioned Wukong, while I dont play Wukong and havent laned against one, that sounds right to me on paper. His mobility and temp stealth I think would.give a Riven problems.

Deviant023

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Riven is my main champion and I've been playing her since she came out, here are some top counters:

Jax is a hard counter, Vlad but only if faster than her cause when he Q she can close range with her combo, Renekton, Garen counters her until 6th lvl, Irelia "from" mid game, Wukong and a decent counter is Voli.

Rumble doesn't counter Riven, if he attacks her, just counter-harass with valor, then ki burst and get away with broken wings. If you're having problem with pokers, master valor after ki burst...that's all i can say from my experience...

Artysin

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman111 View Post
having trouble facing her sometimes trying to find a champ that can easily fight 1v1 with her and stay alive
Bro why hasn't anyone said chogath yet. He ****s all over her. You could be the worst chogath ever and still beat the best riven. Very easy counter. And Olaf's true damage destroys her.

Sam Is Whoa

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant023 View Post
Rumble doesn't counter Riven, if he attacks her, just counter-harass with valor, then ki burst and get away with broken wings. If you're having problem with pokers, master valor after ki burst...that's all i can say from my experience...
Why would rumble just walk up and hit her thats stupid. The way I play rumble top I level my E first and harass with it it tears up riven everytime. lead with 1 e rush in with q on not to attack just to bait/scare back off hit another e shield away if she chases. if she doesnt shield in q overheat auto attk take the stun and 1 auto attk then start process over again. Her early dmg is good but can not hold up with rumble the way I play him. there is no way you could ever chase him down as his e w combo run and her stun isnt long enough to do much of anything crazy. I have faced riven multiple times, and good rivens at that if the riven is really good then the lane will be a push. most times rivens think they can do more dmg than they actually can and get caught trying to run when slowed 70 percent and being burned from behind.

Deviant023

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Why would rumble just walk up and hit her thats stupid. The way I play rumble top I level my E first and harass with it it tears up riven everytime. lead with 1 e rush in with q on not to attack just to bait/scare back off hit another e shield away if she chases. if she doesnt shield in q overheat auto attk take the stun and 1 auto attk then start process over again. Her early dmg is good but can not hold up with rumble the way I play him. there is no way you could ever chase him down as his e w combo run and her stun isnt long enough to do much of anything crazy. I have faced riven multiple times, and good rivens at that if the riven is really good then the lane will be a push. most times rivens think they can do more dmg than they actually can and get caught trying to run when slowed 70 percent and being burned from behind.
I always counter Rumble with her, I take mov. speed quints and boots of speed when I'm vs him, stay behind minions and if he starts with fire i shield myself and catch up 2 him, stun him, do a few basic attacks and get away with broken wings, maybe your playstyle is different but i've played against many rumbles and i always managed to counter them.

Angry Drunk Guy

05-22-2012

To counter Riven, you need a character with good sustain, and a gap closer in case she uses broken wing to run.

I agree with people that are saying Warwick, and Jax, as counters, and to a lesser extent, Shen and Rumble, but I don't think you'd have as easy a time against her as you would with a Warwick, or Jax.

Eviant

05-22-2012

For counters to Riven, look for characters with good sustain, strong early burst, and a form of hard CC (Preferably) Soft if you think you can get away with it. Some characters that come to mind are Tryn, Jax, Kennen, Vlad (Using his pool or boots to get away) and Gangplank.

Overall, you need to find a way to shut down her mobility. Once you do that, you can kite her easily enough to do the damage without taking too much. That, or just out heal her damage.

warbok2

05-22-2012

kogmaw does good especially if you build him with life steel attack damage and attack speed