how does elo system work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boss Champ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2012

hello there, i started playing ranked like ****ing crazy recently and after a losing streak caused by afks i decided to play op champs (kennen, sora, graves, morg etc) and i won a couple of games. the last game i won just gave me a +6 elo..!? wdf? we had an afk for the first 10mins he cam back and then afked again and again we manged to pull a victory out of our asses only to get +6 elo? how the hell does this system work? please someone explain this to me, i mean this is what happened i played -12, -11, -12, +12, +12, -12, +6? wdf? what factors effect elo gain?

xXCFXx Avenger

02-07-2012

it doesn't

xXCFXx Avenger

02-07-2012

oh the +6 was because loss forgiven was on, so the winners get less elo =/

TheCrazyNutcase

02-07-2012

Because your team's elo was higher than the team's you beat.

Saisaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Neo AvalonSaber

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaminYou View Post
hello there, i started playing ranked like ****ing crazy recently and after a losing streak caused by afks i decided to play op champs (kennen, sora, graves, morg etc) and i won a couple of games. the last game i won just gave me a +6 elo..!? wdf? we had an afk for the first 10mins he cam back and then afked again and again we manged to pull a victory out of our asses only to get +6 elo? how the hell does this system work? please someone explain this to me, i mean this is what happened i played -12, -11, -12, +12, +12, -12, +6? wdf? what factors effect elo gain?
when it is plus 6 elo its because the server had a little problem and the lost was forgiven to the other team