Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what are so champs that counter riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Snowbutt

05-19-2012

having trouble facing her sometimes trying to find a champ that can easily fight 1v1 with her and stay alive

Sam Is Whoa

05-19-2012

Rumble counters her good especially if built early magic pen. (Guise, sorc boots) . His e does good dmg to slow her and stop her gap closer and his w plus q overheat out dmgs her auto attacks. W before her stun and if she gets agro ultimate and she is done.

Sephïroth

05-19-2012

I play Riven quite a bit, if you want to counter her you need to know what skills she has and how she plays.

Her e gives her a shield, generally this is when she will go in for a creep. Don't hit her while she's got this up, wait for it to go down then harras. She also has 2 stuns, her q is an aoe knock up and w is an aoe stun. Both are .75s. Be careful.

As far as champions, you want someone with range and good sustain. Any good Riven will eat a half life opponent. Also, if you're going solo top I advise getting yellow armor rune page. Its invaluable against tops. I suggest Nidalee/Ahri/Vladamir.

If you simply must use a melee character top, I'd go with Shen/Lanewick/Tryndamere.

NefariousChronic

05-19-2012

Garen destroys Riven everytime.

Gahlo

05-19-2012

The search function.

Angelus Infernus

05-19-2012

i would have to say i destroy riven with xin mainly cuz his three talon strike kind of distruptes her jumping attack especially if u can knock her into the air on her second to last strike

Reprisal

Recruiter

05-19-2012

Equally skilled, garen eats up riven.

BigBlueFish

05-19-2012

Renekton crushes Riven. I haven't had problems as Riven against Garen, but that might be the Elo I'm playing at (1450ish).

Reebdoog

05-19-2012

Teemo. She can't hit you if she's blinded!!

Queen Sejuani

05-20-2012

Renekton is the only known counter to Riven because he stops her mobillity with a huge burst, aswell as having better sustain than Riven. A Brutalizer and an early chain vest (that goes into Atmas later) = Dead Riven.

Yorick also mops the floor with her