[Noob Question] Is +X% Critical Strike = +X% Critical Chance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoRiLLaH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Or is it come typo ?

SparrowMaxx

08-18-2010

Not always. The higher up you go, the less crit stacks. 40% crit plus 40% crit is not 80% crit.

GoRiLLaH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowMaxx View Post
Not always. The higher up you go, the less crit stacks. 40% crit plus 40% crit is not 80% crit.
I meant in the wording in some of the items like:

Trinity Force
+20 Damage, +30 Ability Power, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Crit Chance, +12% Move Speed, +300 Health, +300 Mana, UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 130% for one attack.

Youmuu's Ghostblade
+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

In comparison to:

Phantom Dancer
+45% Attack Speed +30% Critical Strike +20% Dodge Chance +15% Movement Speed

Infinity Edge
+80 Attack Damage +20% Critical Strike UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.
---
I'm assuming if it isn't the same that +X% Critical Strike adds more Critical Damage?

EveryTimeV

08-18-2010

Critical Strike and Critical Chance are the same.

Critical damage is not.

cycoconutz

08-18-2010

pretty sure they mean the same thing, probably just a typo

but who knows...

Attero

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowMaxx View Post
Incorrect.

Crit stacks exactly like you'd think it would, and you can get straight to 100% simply by building 5 20% items.

Crit does NOT have diminishing returns, as you claim.

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryTimeV View Post
Critical Strike and Critical Chance are the same.

Critical damage is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoconutz View Post

but who knows...
...I wish there was single player practice games so that I can actually test this. I do not want to buy an item not meant for a character and ruin the chance of us winning just to prove a typo wrong.

Myrox

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoconutz View Post

but who knows...
that is correct, back in beta it was called something different (just crit because crit damage didnt exist) but after I-edge was added, that started nameing it crit strike

but Crit = Crit Strike
Crit Strike =/= crit damage

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrox View Post
that is correct, back in beta it was called something different (just crit because crit damage didnt exist) but after I-edge was added, that started nameing it crit strike

but Crit = Crit Strike
Crit Strike =/= crit damage
Cool thanks man.