Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Noob Question] Is +X% Critical Strike = +X% Critical Chance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Or is it come typo ?

SparrowMaxx

08-18-2010

Not always. The higher up you go, the less crit stacks. 40% crit plus 40% crit is not 80% crit.

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
SparrowMaxx:
Not always. The higher up you go, the less crit stacks. 40% crit plus 40% crit is not 80% crit.

I meant in the wording in some of the items like:

Trinity Force
+20 Damage, +30 Ability Power, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Crit Chance, +12% Move Speed, +300 Health, +300 Mana, UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 130% for one attack.

Youmuu's Ghostblade
+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

In comparison to:

Phantom Dancer
+45% Attack Speed +30% Critical Strike +20% Dodge Chance +15% Movement Speed

Infinity Edge
+80 Attack Damage +20% Critical Strike UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.
---
I'm assuming if it isn't the same that +X% Critical Strike adds more Critical Damage?

EveryTimeV

08-18-2010

Critical Strike and Critical Chance are the same.

Critical damage is not.

cycoconutz

08-18-2010

pretty sure they mean the same thing, probably just a typo

but who knows...

Attero

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
SparrowMaxx:

Incorrect.

Crit stacks exactly like you'd think it would, and you can get straight to 100% simply by building 5 20% items.

Crit does NOT have diminishing returns, as you claim.

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
EveryTimeV:
Critical Strike and Critical Chance are the same.

Critical damage is not.

Quote:
cycoconutz:

but who knows...

...I wish there was single player practice games so that I can actually test this. I do not want to buy an item not meant for a character and ruin the chance of us winning just to prove a typo wrong.

Myrox

08-18-2010

Quote:
cycoconutz:

but who knows...

that is correct, back in beta it was called something different (just crit because crit damage didnt exist) but after I-edge was added, that started nameing it crit strike

but Crit = Crit Strike
Crit Strike =/= crit damage

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Myrox:
that is correct, back in beta it was called something different (just crit because crit damage didnt exist) but after I-edge was added, that started nameing it crit strike

but Crit = Crit Strike
Crit Strike =/= crit damage

Cool thanks man.