Why ban rammus??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pill Popper

05-18-2012

Every game I play I usually get one of the top picks, I ban like 40% of the time. Getting to the point, every time I ban I never ban rammus and always get flamed for it. Not sure why people are so hell-bent to have rammus banned. Someone please explain why there is a need to ban him 100% of the time.

Thanks, Zuldrak

ZorusRook

05-18-2012

He effectively has 4.5 seconds of CC when he gets his PB taunt combo, which almost guarantees first blood when coupled with red buff. People ban him because they are scared of his ganks, very much the same reason Shaco is banned. However, around 1600-1700 elo, I never see him get banned.

Pill Popper

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorusRook View Post
He effectively has 4.5 seconds of CC when he gets his PB taunt combo, which almost guarantees first blood when coupled with red buff. People ban him because they are scared of his ganks, very much the same reason Shaco is banned. However, around 1600-1700 elo, I never see him get banned.
Meh, true dat. Most people in 900 elo games tend to be pretty vulnerable to ganks.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

People have seen how effective he was and that he was banned in some of the early tournaments by the pros.

There seems to be this idea floating around that Rammus is super scary and an unstoppable jungler, which are both not really true.

I don't think Rammus is ban worthy. If I see it, I will counter jungle him pretty hard.

I'd much rather ban Olaf or Mundo than ban Rammus (or Shaco for that matter)

Keirndmo

05-19-2012

Because he can shut down anybody he wants in a team fight for 3 seconds and that person who got shut down was your carry who proceeds to kill themself.

Sam Is Whoa

05-19-2012

Because they are bad and don't know how to slow,ward, and focus. Most ppl build rammus with armor early and don't get alot of health. Get your AP to shut him down early he sux.

Yea he can taunt 1 person. So? Sejuani can stun half your team, ammumu can stun your whole team, Galio taunts everyone and returns dmg. Alot better champs can be banned. Rammus is a problem when coupled with other hard CC otherwise he's just another champ.

I0N

05-19-2012

ya but he has been nerfed people just have not been able to see it because he is permabanned