Malady and berserker greaves are bad, eh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nomadd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanorodd View Post
No, it isn't.
Especially Teemo, whose attacks apply a DoT which does not scale with AS at all.
false - each attack from teemo instantly puts a tick of his poison, you sir, fail.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

08-18-2010

sometimes when we are curbstomping people, i would recall my fiddlesticks or amumu or whatever im playing right before the game ends, sell my ****, and buy a zerkers greaves and malady.

DoransTroll

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanorodd View Post
No, it isn't.

Taric can still benefit more from Merc Treads. How is the healer NOT CC-bait?

And characters with innate AS bonuses benefit more from AD. AS is useless until a large amount of AD is present. Especially Teemo, whose attacks apply a DoT which does not scale with AS at all.

Malady could be replaced by any AD item of similar value with better results. Or, Starks.
Because I use Cleanse and/or Quicksilver. I know most people don't though, so I see where you're coming from.

I play AP/AS Taric, so I stand in the back until I know it's safe to engage.
And when people start CCing me, -40% reduction isn't going to save my behind. I prefer my CC removal to be instantaneous.

I do agree that Malady can be replaced by a lot of items..but those are more expensive. Usually, I see a lot of people perform really well early game with Malady, but then keep it for too long and start gimping themselves. In my opinion, Malady shouldn't be sold to make a slot for a new item, but rather sold so that the gold gained would be just enough to buy the new item.
Mostly it's just the life steal factor that helps to dominate the early game, not so much the damage.

ps. I don't suppose Malady tick still works with Teemo's poison, right? I think it used to. Those were the days.

ps2. There are a certain AS threshold that lets it overcome AD item for champs with innate AS. The thing with "AD is better than AS" debate is that early game, you normally only get 1 hit in at a time during harassing. Hence AS never factors in.
However with enough AS, you can actually get 2 hits when harassing. THEN AS dominates AD. Hence someone who gains passive AS can really benefit from it.
Also, AS refreshes his poison, hence he has good synergy with it.

Snazzy Pants

08-18-2010

543 - 494 = 49

Who said I was 22 wins up? O_O

This is a joke thread, guys. I'm either upper middle or exactly middle, but I'm definitely not low.