Why Brand?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

Recruiter

05-18-2012

I'm just asking this out of curiosity. I know he has some nice damage output, good AoE, and a reliable stun. But when so many other champions have this too, why should people be picking Brand over other mid champions? What does he do so well?

Jokapwn

05-18-2012

I ask you, have you seen Brand played really often? I personally enjoy playing him as Im sure other people do also. I think it just comes down to preference. He is a strong AP carry but yes there are also other very strong ones. In my opinion, Xerath and Cass are more enjoyable but that doesnt always make them stronger. Just the preference part. Hope it helps.

gankas kon

05-19-2012

He has some of the best aoe burst in the game. Run into a team fight and hit a combo or two, watch the enemy team melt. His ult also wrecks when the enemy are close. Brands team in a jungle fight is better off than the team without him.

He isn't the best against a single target. Brand relies completely on his burst. If your burst doesn't kill someone chasing you, you're pretty screwed for a good 6 or 7 seconds until everything is off cool down.

I main him simply because I played him one day and discovered I was good with him. He is my go to champ when I need a win.

Positioning is important, knowing when to use your burst is important and not getting caught alone is important.

Don't get targeted, use your burst at opportune moments and for the most part play with your team or play safe and he is a wreckingball.

Ohwhynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

He's all nuke. Not only do all of his abilities do damage, but his passive does as well. If you trade one spell at a time with most ap mids you're going to come out on top because of the passive. If someone wants to trade more than one spell you have your stun to peel and then can finish your combo.

And what you said. He's reliable. You can get in, pull off a combo, then get out, so you don't have to stick around hoping your mentally challenged tanky dps will peel for you. Then, you have a reliable peel so you can help peel people off of your AD. Your damage is also reliable in the way that the passive is %health based, so health stacking isn't going to completely nullify your AP damage, like a lot of other AP's.

When it comes down to it, you either have your burst AP's or your DPS AP's with only a set variety of abilities. It just depends which mix you prefer.

Goozik

05-19-2012

Brand's got a solid lane skill set for farming with some harass. That can easily be refocused on the champ for a burst down.
With three of his ability's able to deal solid damage in an AOE his ability to turn a gank into a double kill is a realistic expectation from a good brand.
Mid game fights where people haven't gotten to stack MR yet, the ult's ability to just wreck even a well positioned team is sick.

Personally the thing I enjoy most though, is that you get that awesome passive. That kinda reliable %DOT means that even flashes don't save lifes.

jloysnenph

05-19-2012

One thing I love about brand is how his passive allows him to carry through farther into late game without falling off, as it does percent health damage.

Overall he's just a very solid champ.

sl0tw0n

05-19-2012

His passive also makes him very efficient when doing drag or baron because by pacing yourself you're dealin a steady 8%-ish percent of his health every few seconds

Also the fact that pillar of flames is a delayed cast can be very useful because you can cast it and if you're fast enuff you can tag the enemy with E before it lands to get the extra 25% damage from W's passive

In teamfights you can basically faceroll, back off, repeat.

If your team loses said teamfight, use the fact that you were safe and far away and therefore not dead to QQ to your teammates about how you're the only one doing good and therefore the fact that they are dying so YOU can get fed makes them bad.

gwest314

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0tw0n View Post
His passive also makes him very efficient when doing drag or baron because by pacing yourself you're dealin a steady 8%-ish percent of his health every few seconds\.
Dont quote me on this but i believe his passive is capped against minions

gankas kon

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0tw0n View Post

If your team loses said teamfight, use the fact that you were safe and far away and therefore not dead to QQ to your teammates about how you're the only one doing good and therefore the fact that they are dying so YOU can get fed makes them bad.
This