ARAM game rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biznerto

08-18-2010

I've just started really trying these out and I must say I enjoy them quite a bit.

Just wondering what the general consensus is on rules. I know every game can be different, but in general, what is agreed upon before the match starts?

For example, most I have been in have disallowed stacking items (mejai's) and there was one where no elixirs were allowed (only 1 though)

Kynareth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-18-2010

I've done No Fortify / Snowball Items (Stacking Items) / Locket games, too.

Beartato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

General rules for all games is: All mid, no going b, only buying when dead, no jungling, no brush etc.

Variations I've seen are on Fort and Snowball items, but that's it.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

08-18-2010

I've seen:

All Mid/All top (bushes allowed in top)
No recall
No Brush
No shopping unless you died
No Jungling

then usually there's
No Fortify, or Only one Fortify per Team
No Snowball items (Mejai's, Leviathan, Sword of the Occult, etc.)

EveryTimeV

08-18-2010

Single rules:

No jungling.
No side lanes.
Do not bluepill, ever and never return to the well unless dead.
No fortify.

Really, I can't see how snowball items are much use as you have to lose stacks at some point, I'd allow them.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryTimeV View Post
Single rules:

No jungling.
No side lanes.
Do not bluepill, ever and never return to the well unless dead.
No fortify.

Really, I can't see how snowball items are much use as you have to lose stacks at some point, I'd allow them.
well snowball items on say
AP TF who's wild cards can hit every single person on your team
or generally any character be it sivir/nidalee with a piercing skillshot or an ability with a decent ratio on a relatively low cooldown and can be spammed as harassment
can get assists and kills (since you can't recall) and build up stacks much more quickly than they lose them

i personally have no problem with them as both teams and all the members can purchase them, but some people just like that rule
=/

EveryTimeV

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
well snowball items on say
AP TF who's wild cards can hit every single person on your team
or generally any character be it sivir/nidalee with a piercing skillshot or an ability with a decent ratio on a relatively low cooldown and can be spammed as harassment
can get assists and kills (since you can't recall) and build up stacks much more quickly than they lose them

i personally have no problem with them as both teams and all the members can purchase them, but some people just like that rule
=/

I think it's a pretty bad rule myself, I've not brought a single snowball item in a ARAM game since the first suggestions of having them were posted, snowball items constantly lose value in games where you have to die.

Judicator Wombat

08-18-2010

The thing about snowball items in ARAM though is they somewhat circumvent the general flow of the game where you're stuck at the same general power level fighting against people who get progressively better gear as you kill them until eventually your level/skill advantage can no longer overcome their item advantage and you die and then get to stack your items.

Stacking items are also pretty **** good for stats for their costs after only 5-6 stacks on mejai's and occult and 9 on leviathan with their only balancing factor being the loss on death which is offset by the inability to gank stack holders in all mid and the capabilities of healers to better sustain those holders thanks to the more predictable engagements all mid brings.

Not saying their overpowered for ARAM, but I could definitely see why some people would want to ban them.

DoransTroll

08-18-2010

The first rule of ARAM.
You DONT talk about ARAM.

ChaosEsper

08-18-2010

usually I see all random, all mid, no snowballs, no fort, no bushes, no jungle.

On a side note, i had a game once where a twitch managed to stealth past us and start backdooring our base tower.

While not technically against the rules, me and most of my team thought it was pretty clever actually, it does seem to go against the spirit of the rules.
Although it could be argued that it was our fault for not dropping enough vision wards, so it's probably not a big issue.