Zerkers Greaves Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tharnor

08-18-2010

There is only a few champions where the attack speed boots should be grabbed. Looking at the ladder some of the top players on it still build it on those champions. But then again these people are also extremely skilled and know when and when not to engage.

I personally only use it on tristana.

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

They're sort of required on a few champions.

Like Kayle or Corki; they need their other slots for AD/AP (Kayle) or straight AD.

Remsiag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

Zerker boots have their place, its justthat the reason to buy zerker boots over ninja tabi and merc threads is rare. For me, if I'm going against a balanced team with 1-2 CCs I'd go with zerker/sorc boots.

niskax

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Just give them armor pen instead and call it a day.

Attero

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
You the same Attero that made the SC2 top 200 list? If so, congrats!

As for Berserker's Greaves, they're actually a pretty strong item as they are. A Dagger costs 420 gold, and it gives you 15% Attack Speed. 420/15 = 28, so 1% AS is worth 28 Gold. The Berserker's Greaves recipe gives you Enhanced Movement 2 and 10% AS. The 10% AS alone should cost 280 Gold, but the recipe to upgrade is only 150 Gold! 10% Attack Speed is not that much, but Berserker's Greaves practically pay YOU to get them.

Also, if you're playing a character that's meant to kill towers and champions, every item that you buy should be contributing to this cause. If a ranged or melee carry is buying Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi, their tanks are not doing their job right, or they're not applying the proper tactics.

Berserker's Greaves are not super amazing or flashy, but they're really efficient. I think they're in a good place as they are.
I get asked that a lot, and no I am not. That is however my tag in SC2.
But no, I only placed in Gold League, and haven't played much since placement.

As for melee/ranged carries buying merc/ninja being bad... Well, believe me, this isn't true.