How do you counter Talon mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Romeo

05-18-2012

I main AP caster mid and every time I see Talon in mid (most specifically during free week) I just can't seem to shut him down/kill him. I generally play Vlad, Ahri and Kennen and none of the three could handle him.

To be more specific the second he hit level 3 I died. After that he just dove me the second I got in lane and killed me just because he could.

Ecclessian

05-18-2012

I suppose this is in blind pick right? The thing with talon is that he himself is a counterpick to a lot of the casters that go mid, so you will be in a rough spot while laning against him.

The best option is to simply not lane against him, though in blind this would require one of your team mates to switch with you.

In draft pick you can avoid talon by not making an early pick for mid ( wouldn't want someone giggling at you as they counterpick you, lol)

If you are absolutely set on playing a caster that might survive against talon, then consider trying ziggs or xerath. They both have long range to farm safely and xerath has range alongside his passive armor.

Be smart, talon isn't a complicated champ. He will harass until he can instagib you. So do what you can to minimize his opportunities to hit you with his kit. Glhf

Lord Romeo

05-18-2012

Ah, completely forgot about Xerath, thanks.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

Talon can still take out Xerath, it's just a bit harder.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

Be extra safe. Know the range of his Rake and his Silence. If you see him rake for cs be a little offensive. If he blinks to you you need to trade with him. He drops a lot of burst but then has to back off because of cooldowns so if he just used everything go in and try to get some damage on him. He gets really scary at 6 because of his ult. The cooldown is so short that after he uses it you think he won't have it then bam a minute goes by and you just got gibed. He's a tough matchup for most AP mids and because of this it's usually better to get your top to switch with you the sooner the better. Other than that buy armor a chain vest early like as soon as you can. It will atleast late you farm a little more in lane but don't go for the kill because it probably won't save you.

Dane Belthound

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
Be extra safe. Know the range of his Rake and his Silence. If you see him rake for cs be a little offensive. If he blinks to you you need to trade with him. He drops a lot of burst but then has to back off because of cooldowns so if he just used everything go in and try to get some damage on him. He gets really scary at 6 because of his ult. The cooldown is so short that after he uses it you think he won't have it then bam a minute goes by and you just got gibed. He's a tough matchup for most AP mids and because of this it's usually better to get your top to switch with you the sooner the better. Other than that buy armor a chain vest early like as soon as you can. It will atleast late you farm a little more in lane but don't go for the kill because it probably won't save you.
If talon is using spells to silence, slow and deal damage wouldn't he be dealing magic damage?

7Devils

05-19-2012

vlad can counter talon...use heal on him on his way back after attacking you ...he will think twice before attacking you next time, also u can use heal when you see him lunching forward to attack, vlad is one of the safest pick to any champ. ....... just play extra safe till lvl 5.

ZOMGTURTLE

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
If talon is using spells to silence, slow and deal damage wouldn't he be dealing magic damage?
He uses abilities to do all these things, all if which do physical damage.

thepantsparty

05-19-2012

ask your top lane to switch with you

Testicle Ketchup

05-19-2012

I play Talon a lot and all I can say is that I'm yet to fight an AP caster who can do much against me. Talon's kit is designed to destroy a squishy and get out of harm's way before the enemy team knows you were even there.
The only mages I have issues with are Ryze (his tankiness is annoying, because he blows me up after my burst doesn't kill him), sometimes Kassadin; he can rift-walk away, counter-silence and poop on my squishiness.
Those are the only ones that come to mind right now...