Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DotA/LoL Acronyms and etc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nazgren

10-27-2009

I was wondering if there is a list (or if one can be created here) of commonly used DotA/LoL words/phrases/acronyms that new players might not know. Today was my first day playing (found this game on WoWhead) and I want to be able to keep up with the veterans. Thanks!

Riot Zaps

Oceanic
NOC Technician

10-27-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4373 - is a good list of guides stickied up the top, that has this guide that should help:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=13418

EDIT: Whoops, wrong link, fixed now.

10-27-2009

i would like to add some main ones that seem easy to me but i also was under the impression that everyone knew what mia ment... Missing in Action

top mia - the champions in the top lane are missing
bot mia - the champions in the bottom lane are missing
mid mia - the champions in the middle lane are missing

Riot Zaps

Oceanic
NOC Technician

10-27-2009

Quote:
Salabaster:
i would like to add some main ones that seem easy to me but i also was under the impression that everyone knew what mia ment... Missing in Action

top mia - the champions in the top lane are missing
bot mia - the champions in the bottom lane are missing
mid mia - the champions in the middle lane are missing

That list has:

Quote:
miss, mia = Missing, missing in action. Commonly used to describe when a hero is missing from a lane and may indicate to the team that a gank may happen.
which sould show that.

Normally when I call mias, I specify the champs, too, and it pretty often takes that form too.