Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Major New Front-End Bugs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiffy

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

** RESOLVED **

Does not appear to be the launcher's fault.

----------------

There's 2 main errors I've been receiving virtually non-stop since I installed the new front-end. Now, I'm currently using my Macbook Pro with Windows 7 7100 64 bit installed on it to play since I'm on vacation. So there may be some weird stuff popping up due to that, but I assume these are still the results of underlying bugs.

1. Unknown Error

These seem to pop up most when I first load the launcher or a page within the launcher. The first few clicks result in multiple popups of this error and are identical to one-another as far as I can tell. This bug isn't fatal and usually doesn't crash my launcher.

http://imgur.com/Hd8g4.jpg

Steps to reproduce:

a) Open Launcher.
b) Login
c) Click Play
d) Click Practice Game
e) Click Refresh List (it does not highlight until after the error)

2. Session Expired

This is a much more fatal error that I get quite frequently in different areas of the launcher. It seems like it might be related to how long I've been "idling" on a certain page. I've had it happen in the Mastery Tree page, the Rune page, the Game Lobby page, the main page, and several other ones that I can't think of immediately.

It first displays this:

http://imgur.com/6O7fd.jpg

Then it crashes and displays this message box before closing completely:

http://imgur.com/v447E.jpg

Steps to reproduce:

a) Open launcher
b) Login
c) Click Play
d) Click Practice Game
e) Wait for previous errors to show, then click Refresh List so games show up
f) Wait a few minutes
g) Click Refresh list again and the error usually appears

3. Runes (various other content panels)

I was initially able to get to the Get Runes page and click runes until I was maxed out, but then I couldn't close the Get Runes page and I had to alt+f4 the launcher. Now when I go to the Runes page, I see a black panel where the runes should be and if I go to Get Runes I get the same blank panel, but if I try to add more runes it still says maxed out.

There's a few other panels where this happens. Occasionally it will blank out my summoner properties, my friends in the summoner properties, and various others I can't recall.

I have included my dxdiag as a zip because it exceeded the txt file size.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

07-11-2009

if you can perhaps give a screenshot of the 'black out' problem that would be helpful.

Spiffy

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

Good News! For you guys at least. Turns out my Internet connection here seems to be 99% to blame. So Embarq DSL can go to hell. =p