Tankiest champs in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helm

05-18-2012

Mao of course. His cc/damage makes him an absolute monster. Though it would require a lot of micro to take advantage of his heal in the way you suggest

Lord Romeo

05-18-2012

Definitely Nasus, even when I go balls-to-the-wall glass cannon pure AD I find myself unable to die with his lifesteal

JxC

05-18-2012

singed

ForceApplied

05-30-2012

Cho'Gath can pretty dang tanky too. In addition to his passive regen, give him a Warmogs and he can get a very nice sized health buffer. Give him 6 stacks of Feast and he becomes a HUGE visual threat, combine that with Rupture and some good AS/AP and he's throwing a ton of AOE damage everywhere. Not to mention his Feast dose amazing burst damage.

Crazy Crann

05-30-2012

Tankwick.

Amoc

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclessian View Post
Mao of course. His cc/damage makes him an absolute monster. Though it would require a lot of micro to take advantage of his heal in the way you suggest
not as much as you think. All he really needs to do is stick to a target. If you open with E, W, R and then Q, you have quite a bit of time where you'd just be auto-attacking waiting for cooldowns. Also, if you're being focused, your main priority in a teamfight would be to stay in your R radius and maintain your auto attack, using Q when it's up and going to be worth. If there's a low health enemy looking like he/she might get away, then an E and a W might be worth it, but the longer Mao remains the focus the better. If people are dumb enough to focus him at the start of the teamfight, just wail away on auto attacks lol.

Aemon Darkstar

05-30-2012

Cho'gath
Warwick
Jarvan
Rammus (shocked no one mentioned him)
Mundo
Volibear
Udyr
Nautilus
Shen (you better believe it)
Alistar
Singed

Hotzze

05-30-2012

In terms of absorbing, mitigating or defecting dmg I would say Shen, Singed and Mundo would be God Tier pure tanks.
A good Shen is nearly immortal due to his low cd shield and hp regain(vorpal dagger and hit them once and you have over 100 hp/5 and yes it does make a difference, combine with FoN and you dont need to base except to buy).
Singed had naturally high regain+his ult just boosts everything, with FoN+RoA/FH hes nigh unkillable
Mundo is just Mundo, get hp and press r during the fight, you dont even need super high armor or mr. With Mundo's benefits from stacking some hp FoN works wonders on him in addition to his passive.

Other mentions includee
1. Alistar- Ult lets him eat ANY burst during the time it is up(but he usually is not built pure tank)
2. Rammus, D-Ball curl is godlike when its up but armor/mr have a soft cap where they become less effecting( starts around 75% dmg reduction)
3. Maoki- Passive is beautiful for teamfights as 7%(or more?) is a decent chunk of hp in a fight, his ult is possible one the the best in the game if used right, it can prevent huge amounts of dmg not onky for you but for your team.
4. Malphite - Very effective vs ad teams due to his inclination to build armor, his as slow, his ms slow, and AoE knock up. He breaks the AD jungler,top,carry meta well
5. Galio, AP version of Malphite
6. WW, deserves a mention he is tanky, does good dmg, can heal himself with q and ult during the teamfight.
7. Nasus, GIANTRAGEDOGOFDEATH insta hp boost, natural lifesteal, superpowered q(if you farmed it) plus you only need 1 offensive item(t-force) so you can build almost exclusively to counter the other team

Command

05-31-2012

Mundo with 2 warmogs, Sv,fon, tabi/threads, guardian angel.

Azphix

05-31-2012

Where's the Leona love lol? I think she's pretty op but no one plays her but me o-O