**** it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWolfSage

05-17-2012

I give up. I'm tired of elo hell; we need a fixed way of getting out of it, and the worst part is that while I had mostly accepted my lot in life, I found out today (because I literally have never seen it mentioned anywhere, not even in the queue itself or the punishment/time out timer) that you lose Elo every time you queue dodge, and I probably cost myself 100 elo or so last week just because I wanted to play the new champion that I bought.

So **** it. I'm going to queue dodge until I get to zero elo, then maybe I'll play for real, or maybe I'll just troll until season 3. Maybe I'll get one of my smurf/alt accounts to 30 so I can actually enjoy ranked games again.

Or maybe I'll pick up DotA 2. Who knows.

This needs fixed. You should be able to at least reset your elo to 1200 once a month or something; I literally cannot play a game without a feeder. I just got done with a 20/10/10 game as Shyvana that we LOST because my team could barely DPS. Losing 100 elo to games I didn't even play when I wasn't warned was just the final straw.

So until then, or until Season 3 starts, here goes the Evelynn games.

Trenkquisher

05-17-2012

Yeah, man! Put other people through what you went through, that'll fix the problem!

Queen Sejuani

05-18-2012

"and I probably cost myself 100 elo or so last week just because I wanted to play the new champion that I bought."

This is the reason I ban all the new champs for one week straight, because there is people like you that buy new champions, not knowing how to play them, and throwing the game because of it.

Play the "new" champion in normals for some games, get the hang of him, try some things out and THEN go play on ranked.

Also an unrelated note: I was 940 Elo, I am 1300 now. If I can do it, so can you.

Ultimately, this is debateable, but "Elo hell" is just a term for bad people to make up an excuse of their incompetence to play properly It's in combination with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Before anybody starts with something like "But if it's just an excuse, why were you so low?" It is because I indeed sucked (and maybe still do) right as I got to lvl 30, I played ranked with the worst characters ever (Jungle Xin and Jungle Udyr, going 3-5-2 and 0-8 respectively)

EDIT:Learn how to build properly, maybe it isn't always your allies that are bringing the loss. Don't take this offensively, I am just giving you criticism.

├čowser

05-18-2012

Youre complaining about your hardships due to other peoples actions on LoL...but then say youre just going to troll games yourself. Why dont you try becoming part of the solution instead of part of the problem. You are exactly whats wrong with this community.

343Guilty1

05-18-2012

Lol first off you fail for not knowing you took elo hits, second off your the kind of D-bag I hate that dodges cuz "I didn't get what I want" Third off, you are in elo hell because you belong there, it's a system and everyone complains about not being able to get out, but prob cuz your bad, no exceptions

TheWolfSage

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideeFalco View Post
"and I probably cost myself 100 elo or so last week just because I wanted to play the new champion that I bought."

This is the reason I ban all the new champs for one week straight, because there is people like you that buy new champions, not knowing how to play them, and throwing the game because of it.
That's my point - I had already played Varus in Normal and Dominion. When I play a new champ I typically play Dominion to get a fast-paced champ v champ feel, then a Normal game so I can actually play him. I pretty quickly got a feel and I do awesome as him.

But he got banned, picked, or queue dodged every time. The few games I had played with him I did amazing in, but I didn't WANT to play Normal I wanted to do it in RANKED.

I would understand if it was me going 8/9/5 in games we lost but I've had games where I'll go 15/5/10 as Varus and we still lose because the rest of my team is feeding. This has only gotten worse as Summer breaks start because all the little children are out on weekdays now.

Stormin Normin

05-18-2012

There is a simple fix for "elo hell" as they call it, get better. The moment you stop blaming your team thats when you will get better...also learning the basics is very important. You may think that you know the basic game mechanics but you can always improve, I'll go over some things that will help you out.

Picking - When you pick your champ, pick something that will work well with your team and also well against the enemy team, try not to pick mid or top early as they are easily countered.

Laning - This is a big one, I have seen many players attempting to duel with the enemy laner but thats not what you want to do. Focus on CS always, only go for kills if the enemy has made a big mistake that can net a kill or your jungler is coming for a gank. Once/if you have secured a lead in your lane, perfect! Do not continue to fight your laner, sure your stronger but now your also worth more gold meaning a trade would be better for them and thats what they need, instead focus on CS while zoning them, no trying to kill them. If you can take your lead and prevent the enemy laner from farming/xp soon you will see yourself up 40+ cs and a few lvls and ready to team fight. If you are still in lane/farming at 20+ minutes your doing something wrong, set a goal for your lane "I will win my lane and take my turret by 18 minutes and tell my team to group after that". Going for something that like will change your win rate, also keep in mind the time to take your turret and group depends on comp and how strong you are early/mid/late. For example if your 3/0 on EZ I would say take your tower right there, doesn't matter if its 10 minutes, take it and go mid because you will be doing insane dmg no one can deal with atm, you don't want your lead to go to waste.

For a jungler your focus should be the opposite, you want to get as many kills for laners as possible. The easiest way to go about this is only jungle when there isn't a chance to gank...its that simple. If you gank bot and then mid is over extended instead of doing golems, red, wraiths then going mid...just go mid and farm your jungle after. You also dont need a kill to be a good jungler, simply being around and letting the enemy know "Hey I'm watching your ass" can make the lane way easier for your team.

Team Fights - End games as soon as possible, this is another big thing low elo solo q has issues with...often you will see 30+ kills on the board and very very long games. Once you have won your lane, you should start taking objectives. Similar to the laning phase kills aren't very important, they are a means to an end and that end is pushing objectives such as towers baron dragon ect. If you are 5/0 or w/e ahead in your lane and its 15 mins in, take your lanes turret and go mid and pressure there. This will probably get your whole team some more gold from the turret and also will force your underlvl'd/farmed laning opponent to come help defend and be useless instead of letting them free farm to catch up.

A few more things to keep in mind, especially if your 15/5 on varus or something...dont ever chase kills, ever. Sure your fed and kill just about anyone but your wasting time, that farm can be used to take towers/objectives very fast because of your high dps and thats your job as a ranged AD. Always keep this in the back of your mind, don't chase, push, don't chase, push...and if your team is chasing just let them know hey guys we need to push not chase.

All of this combine should get you quick easy wins, 20-30 minute games even if top and mid were doing poorly or w/e other lanes there are it doesn't matter, win your lane and then help the others because its a team game, the sooner you help the people doing poorly the better off you are as a team.

As for me, I was once 900 elo...they were dark times and thinking back I felt like I knew what was up and would blame others ect but then I really started trying to just improve my own game play, I am now 1600+ and rising. If you think about it, all the pros that get 2k+ each season aren't there because they got lucky with matchmaking and good teams, they cary games, they are very good, and they single handedly can win games. You need to work on being able to cary as well and your elo will go up.

Stormin Normin

05-18-2012

I was smoking and thought I should add something else, Map Awareness! This is another extremely important point of the game, good map awareness will win you games..let me just give you an example here.

Your bot lane as varus with alistar against graves soraka (hate that lane), your ahead 2/0 and up some CS, you just went back and you've bought some items and think you can kill graves. You tell ali to stun them, HEADBUTT bam they stuned lol, you go in shoot them and ulty psccch they aint runnin! Graves blinds you, as your moving out of the blind to finish him off, omg his health is full from tripple heal OP! out of the corner of your eye you see "MIA MID" in chat just as an annie throws a flaming teddy bear in your face then graves combos you for a kill GG. Your first reaction to this situation is probably to rage at your mid "CALL MIA SOONER NEWB" "FOLLOW ANNIE WTF!" "MID YOU SUCK!" all of this is wrong, its your fault...let me explain why.

People calling MIA in there lane only helps keep everyone on there toes but its ultimately up to you to know where everyone is at all times. If this situation was played a bit different such as, looking at your map before going for a kill you would see mid not there, and hey you also have no idea where that shaco is so its probably not a good idea to do anything until you have got sigh on both of them, wait for shaco to gank that newb mid that didn't ward before you go kill that graves to hit your killing spree then go up mid and kill annie cause she decided to solo push after she got a gank and didn't look bot. Thats how you win.

Jokapwn

05-18-2012

Someone give this guy a cookie! He nailed everything that needs to be done to win games. Period. I am the first person to agree with every word because I was in the lowest of ELOs due to the concept that I always believed it was my team that was messing up. (Maybe sometimes it was, but thats beside the point) I slowly started watching the pros play and after some analyzing, it was pretty clear what objectives were more important and what were totally costly. Someone who was also below 500 ELO and constantly rising, I just wanted to add that warding religiously wins games as well. It goes hand in hand with map awareness. Buy wards, save a life, win games!

Enjoy the game guys!