Morgana's new skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

So I woke up this morning and logged onto LoL and was ready to buy Darius. I went to the store and something else caught my eye instead.
The new Blackthorn Morgana skin. The splash art looks amazing.

So I looked her up on Google and the first link was one to a Youtube video showing her off. Turns out, she has some great looking new skill effects.
I was sold.

But before I could put some more RP into my account, I saw her in-game model.

She looks ugly as hell. Its like Darkforge Jarvan all over again.
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....creenshot3.jpg

First of all, she looks like she is sixty and hasn't seen the sun all her life.

Secondly, all those vibrant colors from the splash has been cooled off significantly. The red turned into an ugly light maroon. And the violet in her hair is a dull pink.

Third of all, her arms are HUGE. Why? She has gloves on, not gauntlets.

Fourth of all, her boobs look saggy as ****, adding onto the sixty thing. Its probably because they made them WAY too big in the character model.
Look at the splash art. They are a good, modest size and are at the top 3/4ths of her torso.
In the character model, they god**** HUGE and practically in he center of her torso.

Fifth of all, those branches on the bottom look like poop tentacles. It reminds me or Ursula from Little Mermaid. And they looked so tacked on.

Sixth of all, the wings. I know they are supposed to look like tree branches and leaves, but they look too much like tree branches and leaves and essentially nothing like wings.
In the splash art and even her previous skins, her wings are big and imposing. In this one, they look like they belong to deformed pigeons.
She is a fallen angel. Not supermarket poultry.

I am seriously disappointed. I don't own a Morgana skin, but play her rather often. So I thought it would be like Frost Queen Janna and a great skin finally came for Morgana. But nope. She is WAY too fugly, even if her splash and effects look cool.

P.S.:
I know what you're thinking. "OMG THATS SO TRIVIAL. WHY DID YOU SPEND TIME TYPING THIS UP WHEN YOU COULD BE TALKING ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE NERFING XIN ZHAO!!!"
Because I LIKE TO BE OP IN STYLE MOTHER ****ER. Plus, I'm bored as hell and queue dodged too many times trying to play Darius, lol.

Shinako

05-23-2012

Yeah, I think the new skins sucks too

Nyche At Night

05-23-2012

I think it looks okay, but not as great as it did in the splash art. They kinda dropped the ball on that one. But it's not like anyone is going to see her close up anyway.

Technician Tim

05-23-2012

well i got the skin instead of gare..uhh i mean trynd..uhh darius..yeah..(no difference lol)

i like the skin for its spell effects and art, i really dont pay lots of attention once the game starts

CyNickSter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Splash looks amazing, maybe they will do something with the skin like when Xerath first came out. I think the in game skin needs a little makeover.

Willy Sharky

05-23-2012

Probably what Morgana need is a remodel. They did Ashe and she looks great. Looking forward for Soraka and Katarina. Maybe Morg can go next?

BADAR5E GAM3R

05-23-2012

I got same opinion as OP

Invictrix

05-23-2012

I agree about the model, but those new spell animations are too good I think I am gonna get the skin.

Cazzie

05-25-2012

I have to agree, I am actually very disappointed with Morgana's new skin. The art is fantastic (minus the fact the facial portions of the ears, jaw and hair are similar to a blood elf in WOW) - but the skin? Sure the animation on her attacks are awesome but the model it's self looks nothing like the art or to what she looks like partly - VERY UGLY. As what a previous post had described her, I agree with the fact she kind of looks like a wet chicken or some strange mutation gone wrong. Thats just my opinion though.