What's a good Akali build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

the 8 hp5 is better than 4% lifesteal. you'd have to be dealing 40 damage per second in auto-attacks to have the same gain rate, which would mean that you have to be auto-attacking all the time and never be hit because of it. lifesteal just isn't a good laning stat.

Part of the point of Doran's Blade is also activating her Spell Vamp passive. Between 4% Life Steal and 10% Spell Vamp, it's not difficult to surpass Doran's Shield's passive regen once you're level 3+. AP builds often feature Doran's Blade for this reason, it's an easy way to activate the Spell Vamp passive while also gaining health.

Hybrid builds skip Doran's Blade simply because they'll be getting some AD later anyway.

Eunoshin

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopplerForce View Post
I pick up defensive boots instead of offensive boots since Akali has survivability issues. So for me its either Ninja Tabi's or Merc Treads. For me, it looks like this:

1) Dorans + Pot
2) Boots 2
3) Rylai's or Soulstealer (depending on the game)
4) Sheen --> Lichbane
5) Zhonya's

Pure AP for me. I really don't find spell vamp to be a good stat especially late game with the amount of dmg flying around.
I want to thank you for this. I've done the best with this build; the best yet being 9/1/10 (which says more about my inexperience as a DPS / assassin since I usually play Shen). Other games I've had difficulty getting a good scope on, because in one the other team left early (first game with the build), and the most recent we lost 2 players in the first 15 minutes and I couldn't get any items.

FolloMeOnTwitch

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
i really should write a guild so i can just c/p it into these posts.

I'm not the greatest akali in the world i'd admit it now, but i can hold my own when it comes to most matches.

Summoner Spells:
Flash: has saved me more times than ghost walk has and after much experimenting with ghost walk and flash the majority of the time flash happens to be the wiser choice.
Ralley: Although its almost never used now due to the healing nerf rally is still amazing to have with akali. It adds to both ends of her passive if you put the point into it *which is something i always do* and helps not only you but your team as well when pushing towers and doing some jungling *more on this later*.
Ignite: A really popular choice with akali and i can see the potential, but i just found rally to work better for me since it boosts not only her ap but ad as well. To each his or her own ^.^
Ghost Walk: see flash notes.

Point distribution:
21/0/9
spell pen, improved rally.
For utility, improved regen, helpful hands, improved exp and greed.

item build:
Amp tome + 1 hp pot.
ninja tabi *or boot of preference*
Madreds Razors
Amp tome --> Hextech Revolver.
Razors --> blood razors
Revolver --> Will of the Ancients.
Malady *i found this to work better because its cheaper than stark's and aside from the armour debuff has little else to offer for akali.
Abyssal Scepter
and finally either void staff or last whisperer.

Skill list:
Q, E, W, E, Q, E, R
Q, W, E, E, R
Q, Q, W, Q, R
W, W
Holy balls. Rally? Bad.

I hope you're getting madreds to fight tanks. If not - Bad.

Hextech AND Will of ancients is overkill and money can be spent into way more damaging items like LICHBANE or ZHONYAS.

Malady - You're kidding right? You're already giving spellvamp aura with Will - why not go starks and keep with the Aura motif? -BAD

Link a pic of your endgame AD/AP stats.

With my build end game I probably have like 400-450ap.

LORDMERLIN69

08-19-2010

21/0/9

Boots
Sword of the Occult
Mejai's
Phage
Triple Pot
Win

fELonius1

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDMERLIN69 View Post
21/0/9

Boots
Sword of the Occult
Mejai's
Phage
Triple Pot
Win
Pure snowball against a team that isn't ******ed is a pretty bad idea. If anyone sees you with soto/mejai, they will immediately have an oracle, ruin your escape ability, and stomp your squishy ass into the ground. Yeah, you can blow up a squishy before you die, but you're not going to be able to maintain that many stacks unless your team was going to win anyway.

JuMpInG CoWs

02-17-2013

akali's burst is, r w q e r, since you can use her ult about 3 times when its full. this burst is amazing and does tons of damage especially when you have tons of ap, my build for akali is, rabadons death cap, rylais crystal scepter, sorc boots, lich bane even though it gives you mana,and zhonyas hourglass or what ever, at the beginning of a game get tons of health pots, because you have no mana you can stay in lane for ever leveling up and farming greatly, after that get your upgraded boots then a blasting wand and a needlesly large rod, then turning those into rabadons. then just get the cheapest items. get boots as fast as you can after tons of health pots. dorans blade is recommended at the beginning but i like out leveling my opponents.and once your done with your ap build then get a warmogs for tanginess, it helps a ton.

OblivionWings

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpInG CoWs View Post
akali's burst is, r w q e r, since you can use her ult about 3 times when its full. this burst is amazing and does tons of damage especially when you have tons of ap, my build for akali is, rabadons death cap, rylais crystal scepter, sorc boots, lich bane even though it gives you mana,and zhonyas hourglass or what ever, at the beginning of a game get tons of health pots, because you have no mana you can stay in lane for ever leveling up and farming greatly, after that get your upgraded boots then a blasting wand and a needlesly large rod, then turning those into rabadons. then just get the cheapest items. get boots as fast as you can after tons of health pots. dorans blade is recommended at the beginning but i like out leveling my opponents.and once your done with your ap build then get a warmogs for tanginess, it helps a ton.
Nice necro...

SeCKS Egai

02-17-2013

I run an akali specific runepage (that activated both passives at lvl1) that isn't so necessary since the changes to her.

Rylai's is a core item for me - not only is the health invaluable for her being melee, the slow allows her to stick to targets.

Lich bane is usually my second item - the AP scaling synergizes well with her burst output. You may not use the mana, but the lich bane proc adds "tons of damage".

I usually run merc treads on her for tenacity and some mag res (especially since she's usually a mid). 15 mag pen doesn't go nearly as far for me.

spell vamp is situational - but if I build it, its hextech all the way.

Zhonya's is practically a core item (wooglet's otherwise when applicable) 2.5s of invulnerability can be invaluable.

I usually run abysmal for ap, mag res, and mag res reduction to enemy champs.

I find a deathcap is situational, but I may build one early if the enemy simply can't handle akali.

Bah didn't notice this was a necro.

HOMO KPOP

02-17-2013

I think spell vamp items are not as good anymore, I'd say it's only good if you're building a little more tanky and going top lane, Gunblade that is.