Doran petition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siranthus

05-17-2012

So here, I would like to start a new threads because lately, the popularity of massing doran item is a bit getting on my nerve. I believe Doran gives too much stackeable stats for an item that cost so little. Everygame I see people buying 2 or 3 dorans and win every early game that way. So here is the possible solution I would propose to make early game more enjoyeable.

-Make the doran unique. Doran is still a powerful item on it's own. The fact that it stack is actualy what is (I believe) disbalancing the game.

-Lower down the stat field a little. Reducing the stat only slightly would still make doran an enjoyeable addition in number but will make it so your not totaly overpowered by having 3 of these.

That's what I think although. If you have any comment of want to support my idea, post and let the league masters hear what we want and decides.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Doran's items are balanced. 5 of them is 2375 gold for 50 AD, 15% LS and 400 HP. While those stats are fantastic early game, that's all they are good for.

They're high cost-efficiency at the cost of being useless after the lane, pretty much. People keep bringing up the Prospector items to compare, but really there's a large difference. Prospector items are only available in Dominion, which is an early-game based map. Furthermore, Prospector's Blade/Ring are both basically twice as effective as Doran's Blade/Ring.

The only way to balance the item if you make it unique is to make it stronger since it can't stack. And lowering the stats would only justify leaving the stacking available (although it'd make using Doran's items pretty much worthless in the first place). Leave them be, Riot has balanced them out well.

Technician Tim

05-17-2012

dorans don't even make you OP..in fact i dislike the items very very much..only using them if i go AP mid, then i get the ring for mana regen and its minor AP..but then i sell it as soon as the real fights start..they are early game items, and can be stacked for mid game if you got outfarmed..but noone ever gets more than 3, so that's like what 300 more hp and less than 50 additional AD/AP...nowhere near as much as your average mid game build

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

wow... you just don't get it do you.

You complain about doran's being too powerful, that people are benefitting from them too much yet you are too dumb to do it yourself. Not saying doran's stacking is always a good idea.. but there's no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to if they want to. Some people stack doran's, some people get the early bf sword or needlessly large rod, some people build boots first... there's no reason why we should nerf any of these options just because some people think it's too effective early, especially considering doran's are trash after about 20 minutes and take up so much space in your inventory. The doran's nerf is never going to happen simply because almost everyone likes the option to stack dorans, especially the pros and the people who really understand what balance is and are in control of said balance...

Nile Strom

07-28-2012

I don't get the problem you see with doran's items if you feel that your losing because of this then why not you know buy said items? The doran's only give you power in the early game as many people know and have posted they have no use in mid to late game compared to other items.

samdasol

07-28-2012

They're made for strong early game, however the negative side to it is it slows down late game item builds.Nothing really overpowered there.

The WIGWAM

07-28-2012

Was dorans ring and blade always 80 hp? I seem to remember 100.... Any way with the life steal nerf and dorans ring not being useful to any mid mid to late game, I find that they are perfectly in place.

XCodes

07-28-2012

I suggest we nerf Doran's items by increasing their gold cost by 5 gold each.

Because I'm sick of winding up on the same team as some inept monkeyfapper that buys a Doran's Ring first and then proceeds to feed Mid.

Red Ryu

07-29-2012

They are only good early game, even in mi game while they help since "why remove an item slot if you got open slots"

They still slow development and are wastes of gold when you sell them at that point.