Darius is going to be the most generic champion EVER

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

05-20-2012

>varus and Garen naked

Wat

UrsaMinor

05-25-2012

I still think Darius looks like a Garen skin.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post
I still think Darius looks like a Garen skin.
My theory is he started that way and they didn't feel like making an entirely new model so they turned the skin into a champion! Either that or the art team just didn't feel like doing much work on this one and reused some of Garen's art.

UrsaMinor

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi132 View Post
My theory is he started that way and they didn't feel like making an entirely new model so they turned the skin into a champion! Either that or the art team just didn't feel like doing much work on this one and reused some of Garen's art.
Probably

Shaella

05-29-2012

he's not a Garen skin?

Girofalcon

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
he's not a Garen skin?
+1

That's what I was thinking

Shaella

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girofalcon View Post
+1

That's what I was thinking
I am shocked by this relevation
I was sure he was a garen skin

IS148ee2e6655e705864434

05-29-2012

delete xin zhao

Rooster Raiden

05-29-2012

Riot hasn't created a compelling female champion since Morgana.

This game has no real variety in lore/allure. You have to look past bad lore, horribly generic skins, and sad attempts at balance and just find a skillset that you find fun and attractive.

This game isn't an RPG, and it isn't really anything but a DOTA remake, and that isn't a bad thing. They took a great game, dumbed it down, and made a really fun, really fan-based friendly, easy to pick up game.

I've never had a real problem with their core design philosophies because they never really promised real variety and they have never showed any real interest in giving us complexity. They have listened to fans though, and implemented layers of complexity on certain champions, or gone beyond their design philosophies with other champions, but they will never stray too far from "generic" archetypes because that isn't what this game is about.

This is something that the community needs to realize. League has evolved from rock-paper-scissors to rock-slightly different rock - kinda crappy rock - cardboard - cardstock - printer paper - hedge trimmers - scissors - exacto knife. It doesn't have the capability to change to rock - paper - scissors - gun - lava - monkey. That's just not how it works.

FinnaKillYall

06-13-2012

No idea why OP has so many downvotes. It's completely true. Darius is just Noxian Garen. How does no one else see this?

Edit: lol Nevermind. I see some people DO see it.