Darius is going to be the most generic champion EVER

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Walrus View Post
You should be used to the fact that champs have to be op to be viable which is why we cycle through handfuls of viable champs in each role.
At least almost all the Ap's are viable mids.

Eyeburn

05-16-2012

Shaella is a completely generic poster.

He makes generic threads predicting the future.
He makes generic comments stating how much smarter he than everyone else.

He makes generic threads which leech off the work of other posters, posters with talent and worth, then uses this stolen momentum to persuade Riot to make his skin, a skin he never contributed personal concept art towards, of a generic scantly clad costume for a female champ (derp); he then generically makes a thread demanding that Riot give him the skin for free because it was his generic idea (herp).

Stfu, Shaella.

HeyLPG

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Generic grimdark guy in big armor? Check
Generic backstory? Check
Generic name? Check
Generic weapon? Check
Generic tanky DPS skillset? (we all know he'll have one) Check
Adds absolutely nothing to the game? Check

Why is this champion being made? What sort of paradigm will he fill that isn't filled already? Black knight? We've got TONS of them via skins and even otherwise, Morde and Hecarim, Dreadknight skins.

He's not even interesting from a lore standpoint as part of the black rose, he's just a generic black knight type character

Why can't we experiment with concepts that -haven't- been put in this game yet, like a witch that uses curses, someone who primarily uses magnetism, or hell, a mage that uses earth spells, how about some sort of female monster (last one we got was cassi). Or how about another elemental type creature from Anivia's plane.

Or heck, how about one of the many lore tie in characters, like Kassadin's daughter.

Just random ideas here, but any of them is more interesting than Darius, the generic black knight guy.
OP I see and understand what you mean and I support you in your claim. I'm sure Riot puts lots of effort into creating concepts for champions, however I do agree that they do tend to adopt similar and overdone concepts. Sometimes they surprise us, but lately it hasn't been as fun or interesting, or DEEP. I'd appreciate it if we could get a red in on this, particularly one who's in this sort of department.

TeachezofPeachez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
OP I see and understand what you mean and I support you in your claim. I'm sure Riot puts lots of effort into creating concepts for champions, however I do agree that they do tend to adopt similar and overdone concepts. Sometimes they surprise us, but lately it hasn't been as fun or interesting, or DEEP. I'd appreciate it if we could get a red in on this, particularly one who's in this sort of department.
Well constructed. Great reply. Don't see a lot of this in these forums. +1

IshiFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Darius = Garen Mark II

Scraping the barrel now.

I would rather Riot spent longer on new champs so that they are just that 'New' and fresh and something different! Besides there is plenty more things they could do to keep us lot occupied in the mean time.

Frost Walrus

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjak View Post
All three of those items dont sound like tanky dps at all, they sound like AD carry,
are you seriously retarded?
They give a tanky dps extra HP, lifesteal, MR, and damage. Maybe throw in a Phage or something and Tabi and you're good to go in your role. Since Atma's got nerfed out of cost efficiency land people that's what you get.

darkjak

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
She was incredibly popular for awhile

But she's not unpopular because she's not generic

She's unpopular because she's hard to play and doesn't offer more reward than say, rolling your face as kennen
She's unpopular because she became more skill based. She never was generic the way I see it, she became less harassing, and more spank and support. If you really want to talk about faceroll champions, you better not talk about mages like kennen who who anything but tanky spam cast.

Shaella

05-16-2012

Quote:
All three of those items dont sound like tanky dps at all, they sound like AD carry,
are you seriously retarded?

Shaella

05-16-2012

Quote:
She's unpopular because she became more skill based. She never was generic the way I see it, she became less harassing, and more spank and support. If you really want to talk about faceroll champions, you better not talk about mages like kennen who who anything but tanky spam cast.
... Kennen -does- spam cast.

Thats like, all Kennen does.

Ai shi teru

05-16-2012

i hate steve jobs