Darius is going to be the most generic champion EVER

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Walrus

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevchenko View Post
I'm perfectly fine with the way he is. Oh, and Morello already said that Darius is an AD caster.
Considering all tanky dps build D Blades/BT/Maw now anyways what is the difference? Renekton and Lee Sin itemize the same as Riven or Panth.

Fat Mchugelarge

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevchenko View Post
I'm perfectly fine with the way he is. Oh, and Morello already said that Darius is an AD caster.
I don't care what he's says; I'm going to play his as a AD bruiser because that's how we all play these characters anyway.

Voidgolem

05-16-2012

y'know the last non-generic champion we had?

Orianna.

Y'know who uses her?

Nobody.

Hey mystery solved.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Because Varus' revenge story also hasnt been done a lot too?

And beside aside form Brolaf and Sion, who else uses an axe?

balberith

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Generic grimdark guy in big armor? Check
Generic backstory? Check
Generic name? Check
Generic weapon? Check
Generic tanky DPS skillset? (we all know he'll have one) Check
Adds absolutely nothing to the game? Check

Why is this champion being made? What sort of paradigm will he fill that isn't filled already? Black knight? We've got TONS of them via skins and even otherwise, Morde and Hecarim, Dreadknight skins.

He's not even interesting from a lore standpoint as part of the black rose, he's just a generic black knight type character

Why can't we experiment with concepts that -haven't- been put in this game yet, like a witch that uses curses, someone who primarily uses magnetism, or hell, a mage that uses earth spells, how about some sort of female monster (last one we got was cassi). Or how about another elemental type creature from Anivia's plane.

Or heck, how about one of the many lore tie in characters, like Kassadin's daughter.

Just random ideas here, but any of them is more interesting than Darius, the generic black knight guy.
yeah, since we know all his ****. you're so ****ing bad at this now. i'm embarrassed for you, tbh.

Shaxtenn

05-16-2012

If you convince the 13-30 year old males of the world (literally from Korea to China to Europe to NA) that original stuff is cool, that's what they'll make. Until then, same old schlock.

Shaella

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
y'know the last non-generic champion we had?

Orianna.

Y'know who uses her?

Nobody.

Hey mystery solved.
She was incredibly popular for awhile

But she's not unpopular because she's not generic

She's unpopular because she's hard to play and doesn't offer more reward than say, rolling your face as kennen

TeachezofPeachez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Generic grimdark guy in big armor? Check
Generic backstory? Check
Generic name? Check
Generic weapon? Check
Generic tanky DPS skillset? (we all know he'll have one) Check
Adds absolutely nothing to the game? Check

Why is this champion being made? What sort of paradigm will he fill that isn't filled already? Black knight? We've got TONS of them via skins and even otherwise, Morde and Hecarim, Dreadknight skins.

He's not even interesting from a lore standpoint as part of the black rose, he's just a generic black knight type character

Why can't we experiment with concepts that -haven't- been put in this game yet, like a witch that uses curses, someone who primarily uses magnetism, or hell, a mage that uses earth spells, how about some sort of female monster (last one we got was cassi). Or how about another elemental type creature from Anivia's plane.

Or heck, how about one of the many lore tie in characters, like Kassadin's daughter.

Just random ideas here, but any of them is more interesting than Darius, the generic black knight guy.

This post is full of win. Anyone that down votes this is just a troll and they are jealous of your epic awesomeness.

Shaella

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by balberith View Post
yeah, since we know all his ****. you're so ****ing bad at this now. i'm embarrassed for you, tbh.
He'll be generic as ****. I garen-tee it
Get it? Its funny because he literally looks like a noxian clone of garen

Psycho Pretzel

05-16-2012

It's Rock from Soul Calibur without the helmet!