Am I the only one who think that should've been Keiran and not Darius?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

05-23-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu View Post
Gawd I hate to try to cling to a reply, but this was bothering me...

In Issue 25 of the JoJ, Keiran's elder brother, Draythe Darkwill, was mentioned. That was the only time he was ever mentioned and in the current JoJs, noone talks about Keiran having a brother.

From Issue 25:

Was Draythe retconned out of existence, or is he meant to return? Right now this line is his only evidence of existing, so if he really is gone for good, might as well delete his line from the JoJ?
To be honest, we put Draythe in that story as a small seed for a possible future story that didn't pan out. For that particular line, it's only to show that Draythe doesn't seem interested in the Grand General's title. Right now, we don't have any plans for him, but we didn't forget he existed.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
To be honest, we put Draythe in that story as a small seed for a possible future story that didn't pan out. For that particular line, it's only to show that Draythe doesn't seem interested in the Grand General's title. Right now, we don't have any plans for him, but we didn't forget he existed.
I'm (and RiotDarius) are curious who actually first named the character Darius in the JoJ? I assume the JoJ character was created before the actual Champion was being designed?

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Imb4 brother wants to avenge his other brother.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

05-23-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
Imb4 brother wants to avenge his other brother.
Nah, it definitely wasn't this. :P

DreamsOfGrandeur

05-23-2012

Long story short:

Swain and Darius were quicker to rise to the challenge. Swain probably recommended Darius join, while Keiran lacked interest or resolve, and did not see the potential benefits of becoming a champion.

Having the ambition and will to act can also be considered a sign of power.

Darius acted first by forming an alliance with Swain and joining the League, thus pushing Keiran into a corner.

I saw that other post already - I think the interpretation of Darius as being afraid of death is severely misguided.
The Noxian principle of "Might makes Right" is not just about raw muscle. Mind power, will power, and the ability to properly apply power is included as well.

Vulking

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Long story short:

Swain and Darius were quicker to rise to the challenge. Swain probably recommended Darius join, while Keiran lacked interest or resolve, and did not see the potential benefits of becoming a champion.

Having the ambition and will to act can also be considered a sign of power.

Darius acted first by forming an alliance with Swain and joining the League, thus pushing Keiran into a corner.

I saw that other post already - I think the interpretation of Darius as being afraid of death is severely misguided.
The Noxian principle of "Might makes Right" is not just about raw muscle. Mind power, will power, and the ability to properly apply power is included as well.
This, beside, in a world where war is forbiden and the only way to show any sort of strengh in combat is through joinning the League, make it obvious that it is beneficial to be a champion, specially if you are a Noxian since this prove that you are not just a regular warrior, but one strong enough to represent your City State against some of the most powerful beings in Runterra.

Struggler9996

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHippoman View Post
Keiran, The Headless Noxian.
Inb4 this idea is actually taken and used as the basis of a Dullahan-inspired champion.

Lehran Fye

05-23-2012

Either way i think Leblanc helped swain beat Keiran, that last move Swain did looked like something the deceiver would do, and since when Swain has the ability to fade away? I smell the scent of a black rose in this matter!

Riair

05-23-2012

I've actually got a thread up talking about how Keiran had/has champion potential. Hopefully we can convince them that Keiran's death isn't the end for him.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2127358