Boxer Champion?

Yes 3,721 71.26%
No 792 15.17%
Maybe 709 13.58%
Voters: 5222. You may not vote on this poll

A Boxer Champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

05-21-2012

The use of Materia, fighting blind and poppin' pots is pretty epic, here. I'd also like to note that this is a -fantastic- opportunity to present a female champion with a more toned/athletic look instead of our usual hourglass-with-breasts. Not necessarily like the two in the video, of course, but something more realistic.

Edit: Also gonna add my voice to the "please make combos a thing" idea that a lot of people are mentioning. Xyph seems like a good fit here, with his fighting game background. The monks in Ragnarok Online are also good material.

Ahlambra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
The use of Materia, fighting blind and poppin' pots is pretty epic, here. I'd also like to note that this is a -fantastic- opportunity to present a female champion with a more toned/athletic look instead of our usual hourglass-with-breasts. Not necessarily like the two in the video, of course, but something more realistic.

Edit: Also gonna add my voice to the "please make combos a thing" idea that a lot of people are mentioning. Xyph seems like a good fit here, with his fighting game background. The monks in Ragnarok Online are also good material.
Count me in for the combo idea as well. Make it something like the q,w,e are different punches, and the order they are used in determines the R "finishing move".

Asuka Hanachi

05-21-2012

I'd personally be interested in a 'Combo' mechanism. Every time you attack the same target you build up a counter, and each of your abilities would have a different effect depending on that counter, which would be somehow visually displayed both on your character for all to see and on your buff bar.

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

a boxer that uses sonic and speed base attacks

edit:Wow ezreal commented on this thread that's amazing. Ill do my best to pitch some creative boxing champion ideas to this thread

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-21-2012

Ya, I think a twist on the boxer trope would be awesome. Right now we have melee fist guys in League of Legends like Lee Sin, Udyr, and the obvious Blitzcrank (Boom Boom Blitzcrank).

Definitely great possibilities with a boxer idea.

Damie904

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
This is a really cool area that has a lot of room for being cooler. We have avoided making a straight up boxer...because we believe we can go further and make it even better! Think about it, what are super awesome ways that you can take the boxer trope to the next level?
Dempsey
Roll

Shyvana or Feed

05-21-2012

I was thinking of Shaman king+Jojo's bizarre adventure while writing this. Maybe a Ionian boxer who fights with a spirit? And the boxer changes appearance as the player levels up the boxer's ultimate. Level 1 he/she/it's really scrawny and the posture of the boxer stance is really off, with the stance starting off with basic orthodox, level 6 he/she/it gets bigger (Pac-man) big, and he/she/it now learns south-paw . Level 11 he/she/it gets to the size and stance of a little Mike Tyson, and his/her/it's stance becomes Flicker. By 16, he/she/it is now the size of let's say Balrog from Street Fighter, and now goes into Peek-A-Boo stance

The boxer comes from Ionia, always full of itself and wanting to prove that it is the strongest of Ionia. No one listens to it for a second, and one day finds magical gloves deep in the forest where Yi meditates, the gloves possess a spirit from long ago called Rar'Ali (Mixture of RiotRara and Muhammad Ali), a spirit who use to teach the very foundation of boxing. Unaware of the boxer's intentions, Rar'Ali decides to help the boxer in it's path to become a warrior. The boxer and the spirit starts to morph as one, and, loving the new found strength, the boxer decides to enter the League to prove that it IS the number 1 on Ionia.

"I'm the champ, everyone knows that. But this kid's dedication is practically matched to mine in the league." Jax, GrandMaster at arms.

Skins:
Amateur boxer (A boxer with amateur gear on)
Champion Boxer (Boxer with a belt on, and hood)

Passive:Roll with the punches: the more damage the boxer takes, the stronger its resistance gets (Imagine opposite of Grave's passive)

Q:Dempsey roll
Rushes towards a target and hits it once/twice/three/four/five times, dealing x

W: Dirty Fighting:
Boxer stomps on target champion's foot (Take that Anivia!) slowing and dealing x

E: Cheap shot
Boxer rolls as if escaping a corner, if it collides with an enemy, it kidney shots the target, causing a snare (Very short snare) and deals x

R:Rise of the underdog: passive:
Gives bonus whatever every time a point is put into it, also changes the size of the boxer, and his stance.
Active:
Every level strengthens the boxer, when activated, summons a spirit behind him that imitates his every move, but the spirit does % less than the boxer.

Edit: Guy with the blue gloves is his default skin

Double Edit:
Quotes:
"I AM #1!!!"
"Time to get paid!"
"Fight me!"
"No one compares to this strength!"
"I am the greatest!"
"Come challenge the champ!"

Attacking:
"So much power!"
"Hahaha!!"
"Take this!"

Taunt:
"You can't take any of my hits, you don't want too."
"Even the greatest couldn't stand up to this power."
(It pounds it's fists together, then lowers its stance and gestures something to attack it with both hands)

Joke:
"And a one and a two, and a one Dash-Straight!" (Reference to Balrog from Street Fighter)
"WHO SAID I HAD NO DIGNITY? I'MA MESS HIM UP!!" (Reference to Dudley from Street Fighter)
(It stomps the flower in frustration and looks as if it's yelling at something.)

Every time it gets bigger from ultimate:
"Yeah..now I sting like a Wasp."
"Undefeated baby!"
"I will never lose!"
"Money team!" (Reference to Floyd Mayweather Jr.)

When it activates it's ult
"TIME FOR THE FINISHER!"
"Round 1 knock-out coming up!"

Zairex

05-21-2012

I want the one that is depicted at the top, three to the right. The one with giant boobs.

I want her to beat me up and get sweaty.

Kilflmier

05-21-2012

A ranged boxer '-'

A boy who once dreamed of becoming a boxer, but was hit in his back on a Noxian invasion, and is now paraplegic. But his mother, a powerful sorcerer, in hopes of making his dear son happy, gave him a power, a way to make him be 'able' to enjoy his dream.

He moves in a wheelchair, and when he wants to attack, ghostly boxer gloves appears and hit the enemy, from a ranged distance. He could have ult called A Dream to Fight for: he starts crying, and gains AD and Armor, bonus AD based on how much he regenerated himself with Will (a self-healing skill), movement speed, and stunning attacks (0.25 stun).

He have a sad, static face, like if he's in pain and desperately wants to be a part of the world, someone important.

zarbiz

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
This is a really cool area that has a lot of room for being cooler. We have avoided making a straight up boxer...because we believe we can go further and make it even better! Think about it, what are super awesome ways that you can take the boxer trope to the next level?
Make the boxer a steam golem.

Oh wait...